Fibre Backhaul?

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Jun 22, 2020, 2:19:27 AM6/22/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Anyone got a list of any suggestions for realistic fibre
backhaul to support a new local WISP startup?

We have about a dozen dark fibres out front most of which
are extra fibres NBN put in everytime they stung one of the
local businesses for an upgrade from fttn to fttp..

Need to be able to run wholesale internet since it will
obviously be getting sliced up and resold for bandwidth to
various wireless end users.  which apparently is a deal
breaker for pretty much every network provider supposedly
offering wholesale bandwidth the startup has contacted so
far... whose idea of "wholesale" is apparently using a
crapton of data yourself, at prices higher than retail, but
not actually using it to supply internet to anyone else.

Any ideas?

--
New and improved 2600... well..
..we drew on some flames and

Jason Xiros

Jun 22, 2020, 3:29:38 AM6/22/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

If you have not already done so, suggest you post the question on the AUSNOG mailing list. Include street / suburb in your post.

Frequently see helpful replies for similar situations.

Kind regards,

Jason
> --

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Jun 22, 2020, 3:53:00 AM6/22/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Good idea, i've passed that on to the WISP startup, looking
over it as we speak.  Thanks.

On 22/06/2020 5:29 pm, Jason Xiros wrote:
> If you have not already done so, suggest you post the question on the AUSNOG mailing list. Include street / suburb in your post.
>
> Frequently see helpful replies for similar situations.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jason
>

>> On 22 Jun 2020, at 4:19 PM, ad...@reviews.wox.org wrote:
>>
>> Anyone got a list of any suggestions for realistic fibre backhaul to support a new local WISP startup?
>>
>> We have about a dozen dark fibres out front most of which are extra fibres NBN put in everytime they stung one of the local businesses for an upgrade from fttn to fttp..
>>
>> Need to be able to run wholesale internet since it will obviously be getting sliced up and resold for bandwidth to various wireless end users. which apparently is a deal breaker for pretty much every network provider supposedly offering wholesale bandwidth the startup has contacted so far... whose idea of "wholesale" is apparently using a crapton of data yourself, at prices higher than retail, but not actually using it to supply internet to anyone else.

--
New and improved 2600... well..
..we drew on some flames and
polished it a bit..
--
Google - making sure, life is no more, than 1984...
--
Bill Gates: 640k is more than enough for anybody
PC guy down the road: You will never fill that 10mb Hard disk mate
Abbott/Turnbull: 25Mbps is "more than enough" for the average Australian household.
Turnbull: Actually 10MBs is enough for the average household really.
Abbott/Turnbull: It is cheaper to put in FTTN, you get up to 24mbs/down and 256k up..
we can upgrade it more later...
--
Abbott: Being an Aboriginal is a "Lifestyle choice"
Abbott: Having optic fiber (FTTP) is a "Lifestyle choice"
Abbott/Cabinet: People and Businesses that require broadband should move to the city.
Hockey: The extra cost of fuel wont effect low income families, because they don't drive
anywhere anymore.
Abbott: Australians will have to tighten their belt.. put off that overseas
holiday or new car this year..
Abbott: I wont apologize for the stolen generation, I would do it again.
Abbott: I stopped the boats, they deserve to be locked up as terrorists.
Abbott: I am sick of being told I am violating human rights.
Abbott: We need to pass these extra nation wide surveillance laws as soon as possible,
we can fix the issues with the scope later..
--
Adolf Hitler: And so by voting to appoint me high chancelor and to dissolve parliment
you vote for a stronger germany, for stong industry and jobs for all.. we can worry about the finer details later..