Melbourne meet OFFICIAL UPDATE

Sid E

Nov 26, 2020, 5:37:10 AM11/26/20
to 2600-australia

Bad news everyone...

The Antifas got angry I shared their secret new meet location, and have since decided to host it online.

You can still join the fantastical party by signing up to meetup, then talking to the organisers so they know exactly who you are, just normal stuff like full name and email address, then you're free to agree.

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/2600-Hackers-Quarterly-Melbourne-Meetup/events/274795027/

Even if you're unable to attend, at least show some support by joining and getting those numbers up! After such terrible organisation (by the vic gov of course), planning a meet has been very difficult!

2600 Melbourne needs all the love and support and hugs it can get.

nitr0 :)

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Nov 26, 2020, 7:55:43 PM11/26/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Ok, who are you and what have you done with Sid..

ok.. lets see..

2600 merger with antifa at a sauna that discriminates
against non hetrosexual patrons..     soo  associating with
violently gay/non binary terrorists.. ok  guessing it was a
troll/joke.

2600 meeting at "meetup" online that requires providing
personally identifying information.. ok thats another troll
/ joke I assume. Then again the people shown on there all
look fake.. so who knows.

No wait, that sounds exactly like Sid.

So you are saying there is no Melbourne meet in December
then? LOL  Couldn't you have just used Rot13 or something
lol. Or are you saying use fake profiles?

Way too elaborate for a troll.
ROT13 Skip2 ASCII Rot2 s/HEX20/ROT5

Ny{%lbhe"onhr%per"or{bav%gd%hh!

Ye i got bored.
--
New and improved 2600... well..
..we drew on some flames and

Dave Fernee

Nov 26, 2020, 8:33:09 PM11/26/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
At least you didn't make everyone use PGP!

Sid E

Nov 26, 2020, 9:42:03 PM11/26/20
to 2600-australia

I'm not even making this up!

Here is a photo from Dec 2019 meet

https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/2600-Hackers-Quarterly-Melbourne-Meetup/photos/30580000/487172025/?photoId=487172025&photoAlbumId=30580000

3rd back on right is Lev, opposite him is Tosser. Both prominent members of Antifa organisations

Here it is, in writing, saying they are Antifa

http://isocracy.org/content/isocracy-antifa-organisation - not sure if there is an SSL version?

I wasn't joking when I said it's turned into a political party, and if you disagree with them they will kick you out, or just call you racist/sexist etc until people have formed an opinion on you.

The meetup group didn't bother with a November meet and only created their December meet after I sent the first email - they don't actually want the meets to grow - someone might say something they don't like!

There is a physical meet happening, on Friday 4th December - however the exact CBD location is being announced on the day. We don't want any domestic terrorists attending our events, and it's almost certain the current 2600 Melb meetup group is infested with them.

Clout time is over bitches - as a collective group you struggled to help the organiser install Debian on a VM, you suck...

nitr0 :)

PS : Much love to the other meets keeping it real still.

Jason Xiros

Nov 26, 2020, 10:45:40 PM11/26/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For the love of god... take your mindless drivel back to Infosurge**

It has been a hell of a year. This is the first opportunity many of us will have to catch up after COVID, and I'm damn looking forward to it.

With no regards,

Jason

**I'm fucking old if I can remember the 2600 vs Infosurge flame wars

Sid E

Nov 26, 2020, 11:13:32 PM11/26/20
to 2600-australia

I like how you think Jason

Butt the official organisers insist on doing an online meet up.

Unofficially we've got a BBQ planned but that's another story for another day.

nitr0 :)

Peter I

Nov 27, 2020, 4:46:20 AM11/27/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Dang nabbit Dave,
I'm just a simple man trying to attend a simple 2600-Melb meetup for my first time and now you're gonna force me to bring me blasted PGP policies
up to spec!!??
I'm lovin this lot already. :D

Sid E

Nov 27, 2020, 5:02:58 AM11/27/20
to 2600-australia

Don't worry Peter

The organisers can show you how to setup / use PGP. Join up to their online meet and they will run you through the whole process.

And their meetup group, don't forget to show support there! Then you can prepare for the huge Jan comeback they are planning. The bigger the number the better for them.

nitr0 :)

To post, send email to: 2600-australia@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Peter I

Nov 27, 2020, 5:13:17 AM11/27/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
All good man, I've got Fedora and a Ubikey,
I just need to make the time to do it.
I'm up in the discord and meetup as WilhelmMcStretch, I don't have visibility on discord, if y'all could fix me up, that'd be grand.
already on the Meetup, but I check the mailing-list more than the Meetup, So I'll just keep an eye on that.

Pete

To post, send email to: 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Sid E

Nov 27, 2020, 5:27:46 AM11/27/20
to 2600-australia

Fedoras are so 2019

You need a Che Guevara beret with a hammer and sickle on it.

Get with the times its almost next current year!

To post, send email to: 2600-australia@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Nov 27, 2020, 6:23:25 PM11/27/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
I call for a vote..   lets declare the entire year of 2020 a
terrorist organisation..

If I wasn't an hour 20 away I would invite you all to just
hang out in my pc repair/internet cafe in gippsland and hack
yourself free internet on my Mikrotik next friday.   I'll
even offer to show you how lol.

In condolances to the death of the Melbourne meet, i shall
not shorten my signature this time.. tho it is getting
somewhat dated.. propbably a few more quotes I could put in
there..   like for example the NBN is now so terrible the
liberal party have been forced to conceed to restarting the
FTTP roll out again in "rich" suburbs.  *sigh*

--
New and improved 2600... well..
..we drew on some flames and
Google - making sure, life is no more, than 1984...
--
Bill Gates: 640k is more than enough for anybody
PC guy down the road: You will never fill that 10mb Hard disk mate
Abbott/Turnbull: 25Mbps is "more than enough" for the average Australian household.
Turnbull: Actually 10MBs is enough for the average household really.
Abbott/Turnbull: It is cheaper to put in FTTN, you get up to 24mbs/down and 256k up..
we can upgrade it more later...
--
Abbott: Being an Aboriginal is a "Lifestyle choice"
Abbott: Having optic fiber (FTTP) is a "Lifestyle choice"
Abbott/Cabinet: People and Businesses that require broadband should move to the city.
Hockey: The extra cost of fuel wont effect low income families, because they don't drive
anywhere anymore.
Abbott: Australians will have to tighten their belt.. put off that overseas
holiday or new car this year..
Abbott: I wont apologize for the stolen generation, I would do it again.
Abbott: I stopped the boats, they deserve to be locked up as terrorists.
Abbott: I am sick of being told I am violating human rights.
Abbott: We need to pass these extra nation wide surveillance laws as soon as possible,
we can fix the issues with the scope later..
--
Adolf Hitler: And so by voting to appoint me high chancelor and to dissolve parliment
you vote for a stronger germany, for stong industry and jobs for all.. we can worry about the finer details later..

Sid E

Nov 27, 2020, 10:46:22 PM11/27/20
to 2600-australia

Eh? Vote?

A community driven event where members get a choice? No way, either comply or GTFO.

Shit not even I want a vote - too many people have been drinking too much hateraid, I'd be first on the chopping block!

But hey, If I gotta sit here and spend a few days sending emails just to get an ONLINE meet created - I'll happily be the one who looks like a dickhead.

If I did nothing there would be no meet...

nitr0 :)

Damien Gardner

Jan 24, 2021, 6:16:26 AM1/24/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Hey, infosurge was cool kthx.  PS, I still require untainted virgins for hosting payments :D ....

Sid E

Jan 24, 2021, 7:48:30 AM1/24/21
to 2600-australia

The untainted virgins moved to SE Asia, and most probably are not virgins or untainted anymore.

Try Zardoz ;)