CFP for Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021 is OPEN!

Andrea Simonca

Aug 20, 2021, 3:33:26 AM8/20/21
to 2600 Australia

CFP for Hardwear.io Netherlands 2021 is OPEN!

✅  SUBMIT your research: https://bit.ly/3eImDWV

If you have a groundbreaking embedded research or an awesome open-source tool you’d like to showcase before the global hardware security community, this is your chance. Submit your paper and speak at our upcoming PHYSICAL hardware security conference in The Hague!

DEADLINE: 30 August 2021

➡️  Suggested Topics:

                      Smart cards: identification, access controls, pay-TV

                      IoT devices: automotive, medical, mobile payment, mobile-connected devices

                      Trusted computing: mobile TPM, Trusted Execution Environments

                      Embedded systems: Firmware, operating systems, memory, virtual machines
                     Trojans and backdoors: Counterfeit Detection and prevention

               Attacks and countermeasures:

                       Side-channel, Fault Injection, EMFI, Tempest attacks and countermeasures

                       Reverse engineering, (anti-)cloning, (anti-)tampering, (anti-)counterfeiting

➡️  Guidelines: https://hardwear.io/netherlands-2021/cfp.php

➡️  Questions?  c...@hardwear.io

We look forward to seeing you at Hardwear.io NL 2021. Good luck 🍀

Team Hardwear.io

Sid E

Aug 20, 2021, 5:18:46 AM8/20/21
to 2600-australia

Ahhhh damn our international airport is outside of my 5km travel bubble, and once we leave we're not allowed back into Australia...

Do you have ways around that?

Andrea Simonca

Aug 20, 2021, 6:06:46 AM8/20/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Oh I see! We're currently seeing a positive change here in The Netherlands and Europe. Our Prime Minister announced last week with a hopeful view that nearly all restrictions will be released by November 1.

I would still encourage you to submit your research if you have something cool by the 30th of August, and you can always see later what is the current situation in both Europe and Australia.

Thanks!

To post, send email to: 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

David Fernée

Aug 20, 2021, 6:10:29 AM8/20/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
I'm sick of all of this hacking stuff... Can I write you a String Quartet instead? I'll be sure to use the frequency of 2600Hz in it... In Western Music it translates as a C. All our payphones are free now anyway...

David Fernée

Aug 20, 2021, 6:35:18 AM8/20/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
It's_not_the_size_of_the_frequency_but_how_you_use_it_-1.png
It's_not_the_size_of_the_frequency_but_how_you_use_it_.mp3

Sid E

Aug 20, 2021, 7:57:07 AM8/20/21
to 2600-australia

Ahhhhhh Dave, once again delivers!

I'm gonna need more small violins to deal with missing a chance to visit Amsterdam...

It's_not_the_size_of_the_frequency_but_how_you_use_it_-1.png

To post, send email to: 2600-australia@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

David Fernée

Aug 21, 2021, 12:47:01 AM8/21/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
I had a few minutes so I thought perhaps an orchestral arrangement of Wilhelmus for Andrea might be a nice present if she can't have you in Amsterdam Sid! I hope you like it Andrea :)

Wilhelmus - For Andrea-1.png
Wilhelmus - For Andrea-2.png

It's_not_the_size_of_the_frequency_but_how_you_use_it_-1.png

To post, send email to: 2600-au...@googlegroups.com

For 2600 monthly meetings, visit http://www.2600AU.org

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster

Disclaimer: Comments to this mailing list are owned by the poster
Wilhelmus - For Andrea.mp3

David Fernée

Aug 21, 2021, 3:22:52 AM8/21/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Andrea, I had another listen and changed the voice-leading in bar 13. I hope it is more to your taste!
Wilhelmus - For Andrea v0.2-1.png
Wilhelmus - For Andrea v0.2-2.png
Wilhelmus - For Andrea v0.2.mp3

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Aug 29, 2021, 8:58:55 PM8/29/21
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Heh, can you do an arrangement that secretly embeds the tones necessary to dial some poor victims phone number if their phone is off the hook while the song plays? Question is who are we gunna call?

Then again who uses POT wall handsets anymore :(

Oh the other hand you could call the arrangement "super phreak in #...  "

I seems I have too much time on my hands..

--
New and improved 2600... well..  ..we drew on some flames and polished it a bit..