Hacker Happy Hour Tonight (March 3rd) at 8:30

23b Shop

Mar 3, 2022, 1:14:41 PM3/3/22
to 23b Shop
Hacker Happy Hour at the ZOOM link below starts at 8:30 pm.

23b Shop Meetup Events

HHH.png

Walter Clark

Mar 3, 2022, 4:52:53 PM3/3/22
to 23b Shop

How come you are still zooming. Habit?

Steve Wong

Mar 3, 2022, 5:49:09 PM3/3/22
to 23b-...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to nominate a bar or other venue for a physical face to face, even if not an official 23b event. Pick a place and time and I'd show up

Tim Trzepacz - SoftEgg

Mar 3, 2022, 6:21:57 PM3/3/22
to 23b Shop
Even before COVID, getting any keyholder other than me to show up to open the place up was nearly impossible, and the drive to get out there by 7:30 was a bitch.
It's over an hour drive for me, gas is $5. Round trip is like $35 for me right now.
Furthermore, I have no way to enforce vaccination or masks, and I know we have some folks who refuse both of those things, and they are the most likely people to show up for in-person events.
Since I don't want to be the person who held the super-spreader event that killed a bunch of people, or bred the next variant of the virus, I'll leave it to somebody else to run.
"But COVID is OVER!" I imagine a bunch of you saying. When we hit zero new cases and zero deaths for two weeks, COVID is over. Until then, there is always a chance of another wave.
If some other keyholder wants to hold public events again, and take responsibility for everything, I'm all for it! I may even swallow the gas cost and show up!
This means opening on time, buying the food, closing after the last person leaves and cleaning up the shop and parking lot after.
Oh, and being responsible if a bunch of people get sick there.

Again, it was nearly impossible to find anybody to do this before COVID, so I'm not expecting a return to in-person events.

-- Timon --

Steve Wong

Mar 3, 2022, 7:26:58 PM3/3/22
to 23b-...@googlegroups.com
pretty much answered, why not at the shop?

How about an unofficial event, not sanctioned by 23b, at this Fullerton bar.
The Blue Door  1310 S Euclid St Fullerton, CA 92832

I've never been there myself but found it by map search.
A Recent Yelp review:  " mix of old bar flies and young college kids, cheap drinks, darts, pool table, lots of parking, slow service" Looks like they might sell tacos and there is a pizza place next door.

If at least one other person says on this thread that they want to show up there around 8pm today - I will be there too.
Like I said no official tie to 23b - nothing more than some people who used to go to 23b are deciding to meet .

If anybody wants to show up in a mask I doubt they are banned, but I also would not expect any mask mandate to be enforced in an Orange County bar these days. So if you need an event with everyone masked, this isn't for you.

Google map link with reviews:
https://goo.gl/maps/aZC8mX6ez5CPUUii7

Anna Moore

Mar 3, 2022, 7:27:58 PM3/3/22