Questioning results of ancestry

Curtis Lee

Aug 18, 2018, 9:22:57 PM8/18/18
to 23andMe API
Recently I had taken a DNA test. The results were a bit different than what I expected. Perhaps someone can answer this question. Before my question I will fill you in on two major details leading me to question my ancestry profile. My father’s paternal grandmother was 50% Native American and lived on the reservation until she passed away. This would make my father approximately 25% Native American. The report states my father is 0% East Asian/Native American and 0.1% unassigned. My report shows I am 0.2% Native American and 0.1% unassigned. My question is: Why are the percentages so low in unassigned if their isn’t enough Native American data in the system?

Andreas West

Sep 6, 2018, 11:39:01 AM9/6/18
to 23andMe API
This question isn't related to the 23andMe API. As stated in the intro of this group you should post your question in the 23andMe customer forum or actually google (or check on Quora where it was answered before).

Andreas West

Sep 6, 2018, 11:40:26 AM9/6/18
to 23andMe API