impossible to get AuthCode from native mobile app (customRedirect/PKCE problems)

jerome liger

Jun 27, 2019, 3:57:47 AM6/27/19
to 23andMe API

Hi,
I'm trying to access to your API, I create our Developer account and all works without any problem with a webbrowser.
The problem comes with a native android application.
As your doc suggest, we have to use a "customURI" and implement PKCE/provide a "code-challenge" parameter, that's what we done.
The native call is Ok (verified) and redirect to your "Oauth WebPage", your "Login page" and "Authorisation Page" (depending on the scope) are OK too.
But when the user validates the permissions, he's redirected on a "Error page" (screenshot attached) and I can't see any reason why it does'nt work... no debug or error message... I'm blind !
Could you help me ? do you have a functionnal native sample for your API ? (android or iOS, whatever)
Thanks in advance for your return.

Screenshot_20190621-105022.jpg

Freya Preimesberger

Jul 7, 2019, 9:35:32 AM7/7/19
to 23andMe API
23andMe actually deprecated its API last year. I had the same surprise when everything stopped working suddenly.