Need help with API before it access terminated

Daniel Brami

Aug 31, 2018, 8:33:58 PM8/31/18
to 23andMe API
Hi all,
I'm trying to download all my info from 23andme before API access is no longer available.
I've gotten my developer credentials (client_id and client_secret) from the portal and I'm able to get a bearer token using Postman's OAuth2 functions, making sure to specify a very broad scope.
I got through the 23andMe acknowledgement window to authorize access to all my info

But when i try this:
 -H "Authorization: Bearer zzz"

I get the following:

{"detail":"Permission Denied: human id mismatch"}

Can anyone help me with my requests that need authorization?

PS: I suspect the error has something to do with "demo_profile_id" in the URL but I can seem to find the info to try and replace this!

Best,
Daniel

Daniel Brami

Aug 31, 2018, 8:56:50 PM8/31/18
to 23andMe API
Solved it!
I needed to get a profile_id using the "account" endpoint first, then substituting that value in the report url in place of "demo_profile_id"

So in short 2 calls were needed