Ping!

bee

Sep 18, 2018, 8:02:05 PM9/18/18
to Bee Line Chatline
Is anybody out there?

What is a "google group" anyway? I'd completely forgotten that such a thing existed.

There is some chat memorabilia up at http://beeline.org/beeline/      If you have any old chat buffers, I'd love to see them.

-Craig

John Arnolde

Sep 18, 2018, 8:22:23 PM9/18/18
to Bee Line Chatline
I didn't even realize it did.. Wish I had.. Was talking with a group of friends about where we all started with computers and
Beeline came up.

Miss those days!

-- Ogre

David Pearson

Sep 18, 2018, 8:47:06 PM9/18/18
to Bee Line Chatline
Uncle Alice is on the air... was just back in Madison. Did not make it to Perkins, though. I have to see if I can find some pics of any of the BeeLine events.

Migo Pod

Sep 18, 2018, 9:05:49 PM9/18/18
to 233...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been in Madison in a while, but I'm under the impression that the official Perkins is no more.

-Mr Scrodd

Sean Kerans

Sep 18, 2018, 11:02:21 PM9/18/18
to Bee Line Chatline
"Chatline?  Is that like a group text?" - Coworker after explaining Beeline one day.

Perkins probably couldn't afford all the silverware glued to the table.

-- NH

Milton Smith

John Arnolde

Sep 19, 2018, 7:16:38 AM9/19/18
to Bee Line Chatline
Tell them it's like Discord.. only slower.. :)

Hmm.. Discord Beeline..

MrScrodd

Sep 19, 2018, 7:57:46 PM9/19/18
to Bee Line Chatline
Or like IRC, without the I and the R and pretty much limited to a single area code.

redcat

Sep 19, 2018, 8:01:20 PM9/19/18
to Bee Line Chatline
What’s an official Perkins? The one by todd dr was town down and rebuilt in the parking lot so that the frontage road could have a nicer curve. I think west side is the same.

Migo Pod

Sep 19, 2018, 8:53:18 PM9/19/18
to 233...@googlegroups.com
I thought the one that was by Good 'n' Loud Music was the official Perkins. I could be wrong though, 'cause I was probably high on something or another and it was super long ago.

On an unrelated note, I did vote Redcat for Internet President.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 7:01 PM, redcat <got...@gmail.com> wrote:
What’s an official Perkins?  The one by todd dr was town down and rebuilt in the parking lot so that the frontage road could have a nicer curve.  I think west side is the same.

Jeremy Charles

Sep 19, 2018, 11:27:22 PM9/19/18
to 233...@googlegroups.com
Wasn't there at least one guy who was phreaking to get in from overseas?

As I was clicking on memorabilia images, I kept thinking, "Wow, is this slow..  reminds me of dialing in to Bee's basement."

Then I looked up the ownership on the IP address that it's hosted at.  OK...  starting to make sense.

-Circ

Milton Smith

Sep 20, 2018, 1:44:34 AM9/20/18
to 233...@googlegroups.com
I seem to recall all the phreakers I ran into were on SD2. It's how Darth got all his Amiga Warez, from the German phreakers that called in, of course he tried to keep that quiet ;)

Sunni

Oct 3, 2018, 12:45:14 AM10/3/18
to Bee Line Chatline
I checked out the photo archives. Was I at the 2005 reunion? Everyone looks like kids!

'ni