Spatialworlds: A South Australian Geography blog

Malcolm M

May 2, 2011, 1:26:38 AM5/2/11
to 21st Century Geography in Australian schools
Welcome back to second term (for those who have been lucky enough to
have a holiday over recent weeks). The Spatialworlds blog
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com has been very active over recent
weeks with numerous posting relevant to geography in schools. If you
wish to look at commentary and resources on a range of geographical
topics, go to the following links:

*Spatial technology and disasters:
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/02/power-of-spatial-visualisations-during.html
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/04/disaster-what-disaster_12.html
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/03/geography-building-understandings.html
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/03/mixed-bag.html

* Geography blogs around the world:
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/04/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about.html

* GIS videos from Joseph Kerski:
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/04/joseph-kerski-geographer-with-attitude.html

* Help for the non-geographers (and geographers) getting started with
teaching geography – heaps of resource and Internet links:
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/04/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about.html

* The concept of risk in geography:
http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/03/geography-of-risk.html

* The concept of spatial justice: http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/03/geography-of-risk.html

*Spatial visualisations: http://spatialworlds.blogspot.com/2011/02/power-of-spatial-visualisations-during.html

If you have the time there are plenty of other blog postings on the
Spatialworlds blog which may be of use to you.

If you have any resources/links that you think will be of interest to
fellow geographers, don’t hesitate to pass on to Malcolm at
malcolm....@sa.gov.au and he will include in the Spatialworlds
blog and the GTASA newsletter.

Sharon McLean

May 2, 2011, 3:52:42 AM5/2/11
to 21st-century-geography...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malcolm
Thank you so much for these very useful resources
Regards
Sharon

>--
>s?hl=en.

>This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Saint Ignatius' College, Riverview.

Lowry, Mark

May 2, 2011, 10:52:35 AM5/2/11
to 21st-century-geography...@googlegroups.com
From Toronto ,Ontario Canada and from The Ontario Association For Geographic and Environmental Education (OAGEE) I must thank Malcolm and the rest of you from the great land of OZ in the way and means you are supporting Geographic Education world wide. I plan on disseminating this throughout Canada . Thank You . Mark

Mark Lowry
Geography and Geotechnologies Instructional Leader
Social World Studies and Humanities
Toronto District School Board
1 Civic Centre Court
Toronto , On ,M9C 2B3
Tel; (416) 394-7269
Cell; (416) 576-4515
Fax; (416) 394-6420
http://tdsbweb/_site/ViewItem.asp?siteid=63&menuid=63&pageid=63

Anna Dusava

May 3, 2011, 12:59:50 AM5/3/11
to 21st-century-geography...@googlegroups.com
Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for these valuable teacher resources in a country where such
things are difficult to access. I will share it with my colleagues
within my school and elsewhere in my country. Well, those with internet
access.

Kind Regards.

Anna H.Dusava
Head of Humanities Faculty
Port Moresby International School
P. O. Box 276, Boroko
National Capital District
Papua New Guinea

Excellence, Commitment, Diversity and Integrity

nick hutchinson

May 2, 2011, 8:49:15 PM5/2/11
to 21st-century-geography...@googlegroups.com
Well done Malcolm, brilliant postings, particularly liked risk and spatial
justice.
nick hutchinson