Presentation Powerpoint on progress as of May 2011

Malcolm M

May 31, 2011, 6:46:57 PM5/31/11
to 21st Century Geography in Australian schools
Hi all
This Powerpoint was presented at the recent (May 27th) GTASA
conference in Adelaide. It contains a past, present and future focus
regarding the AC: geography - titled "Are we there yet?". Hope it is
useful to keep your staff, friends and you updated on the progress of
the Australian Curriculum: geography. We continue to move forward to
the publication date of September 2012. Still a long way to go -
months of writing, consultation and discussion I am sure. The
Powerpoint can be downloaded from Google Docs at
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AfCNqQFiOmGxZGMzODdnemRfMTA4YzJod25jZHY&hl=en_US
(naturally a need to Google account will need to be active to access
- I think?).
As you will see from slide 39 we are in a targetted consultation stage
fo the process.
"During the first part of the writing stage from February-June 2011,
ACARA will be conducting targeted consultation processes with state
jurisdictions and geography teachers associations (coordinated by
AGTA). These bodies will be asked to respond to the work undertaken by
the writers re: scope and sequence in particular."

Regards
Malcolm

Malcolm M

Jun 2, 2011, 7:06:05 AM6/2/11