Panel on Ecological planting design and climate change

Deanna Lynn

Jan 25, 2021, 4:57:56 PM1/25/21
to 2021 ASLA Call for Presentations Group
Hello!

I am looking to join a panel on the topics of climate change, ecology and climate change, soil health, or ecological planting design.

I would like to talk about planting design for carbon sequestration. It will be based off my master's project that won a student honor award last year: https://www.asla.org/2020studentawards/1313.html

My approach is based on my research on complex adaptive systems, the soil microbiome, and how ecological systems can hold carbon in the soil permanently.

Please send me a message if you would like to discuss collaborating!

Deanna

Leslie Wren

Feb 17, 2021, 5:50:07 PM2/17/21
to 2021 ASLA Call for Presentations Group
Hi Deanna,
I am a landscape architect and an assistant professor at Kansas State University.  I have a background in ecology  and horticulture, and over 10 years experience in practice, most of them with design/build/maintain firms.
I am interested in contemplating a session proposal based on your work- do you have any desire to provide an actionable framework by which landscape architects who want to design per your research could engage landscape installers and maintainers on implementing these practices in an economically feasible way?  If not, if you're more interested in fleshing out the science, no problem.  If so, that is something I could bring to the table.
Best,

Leslie Wren, RLA, ASLA
Assistant Professor

Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional & Community Planning

The College of Architecture, Planning, & Design
Kansas State University
2006 Seaton Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
(713) 248-8452red...@k-state.edu

Sierra Bainbridge

Feb 23, 2021, 12:25:22 PM2/23/21
to 2021 ASLA Call for Presentations Group
I could provide from a practitioner's perspective, implementation we've done based on ecological, carbon sequestration principals, and how we managed peer reviewed calcs to determine our carbon positive date.  The project is RICA in Rwanda, and from this, we've developed 4 steps for approaching sites, etc.

Does this sound of interest? I know its due this week but happy to jump in! If we need more partners, we could ask some contacts at atelier 10?

Happy to jump on the phone to see what you are thinking!

Sierra Bainbridge