Concealment Counters in Hill 253.5

Nate Forte

Jul 24, 2023, 2:25:48 PM7/24/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
Monty and Scott, a quick point about the SSR B5 that I think needs clarification.
There is included in the Russian counter mix eight (8) concealment counters.  My understanding is this, if the Russian player places "Official ? counters- those concealment counters included in the counter mix for the scenario's purpose" on a stack under an entrenchment counter, the German player MAY NOT inspect them at any time during the game unless the concealment rules are applied and they are revealed of what is under there.  One could use vassal and scroll over the entrenchment but other then to see how many counters are there nothing else will be shown.  IF the Russian player on the other hand DOES NOT place one of the 8 official concealment counters on a stack  under an entrenchment, then, the Russian player could use one of the extra ? counters provided in Vassal ONLY to hide his stack at start just like SSR B5 points out.  After that they would be removed and ONLY the counters under the OFFICIAL 8 ? counters will remain behind and those units will still be concealed , weather under an entrenchment or not.
So I just want to make very clear to everyone that the Concealment rules are in effect, and that what SSR B5 does is simply prevent someone from seeing what is under an entrenchment counter prior to set up IF those units are not concealed if not using the 8 official counters provided. (i.e those 8 ? are used somewhere else.)
Do I have the information correct?
Regards,
Nate

Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder

Jul 24, 2023, 2:34:48 PM7/24/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
The goal of VASSAL is to replicate face-to-face play as closely as possible.  We are using a temporary concealment counter to safeguard the contents of an entrenchment during the setup process.  At the start of game turn one, only the counters in the OB should be on the board.

I think this will work...
  1. Do your setup using on the counters on the card.
  2. Place a temporary "?" counter under any entrenchment with a unit under it.
  3. Send to your opponent.
  4. He prepares his setup and returns log to you.
  5. You remove the temporary "?" counters and return to him.
  6. Start game turn one.

montyj...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2023, 3:40:25 PM7/24/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder