Cliff Hex sides LOS - Blocked or Not Blocked? To be or not to be...

Nate Forte

Aug 9, 2023, 11:18:37 PM8/9/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
Hello Scott, Monty,
Board 2 in VSQL has some quirks that I cant seem to understand with regards to blocked LOS.  Is the LOS blocked when measuring along a hex side (Spine) to another hex or is it a clear LOS? It seems to me that if the Black outline of the Cliff overhangs the hex side then the LOS engine will block it, but if it remains within the Hex side boundary then it is clear but not always.  Am I missing something here? Can you point me to where the rules or Q&A indicates either way?  Plz check LOS from Hexes J5-L5,  P6-R6 for instance, both should be clear but one is not, is the LOS engine Broken?  R5 to Q7 should also be clear but it is not.  Q2 to S2 is clear, but S3 to R1 is not.  What gives? Shouldn't the LOS be clear along a cliff hex side anytime the LOS would normally be clear if it weren't there?
Help please.
Nate

Scott B

Aug 9, 2023, 11:33:15 PM8/9/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
The obstacle must appear on both sides of the LOS string to block.  An LOS that goes down a hex-spine with an obstacle touching, but not crossing, it is clear by definition.

Cliff sides do not block LOS (82.13).

One must use judgement with the SQUAD LEADER module LOS checker, apply the rule to the results of the los string.

Aug 9, 2023, 11:38:40 PM8/9/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder on behalf of Scott B
Got it, and thanks for the rules reference.
Regards,
Nate

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/2012_SQL/SJ0PR17MB503803ADDE50620F25EC897AD913A%40SJ0PR17MB5038.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.