Panzerfaust use on wooden building/ Woods

Nate Forte

Jan 31, 2024, 2:10:09 AMJan 31
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder on behalf of Scott B
Hello, in a recent game the use of a PF against a building was done at a 2 hex range during the Advance fire phase in order to remove the wooden building TEM from any subsequent AdvPhs fire.  The dice rolled to hit it was a 5. The question came up about the errata of 37.5 were woods and wooden buildings TEMs are supposed to be added to the to hit number by rocket/atm(piats). My understanding is that the errata is intended for use against a target IN the actual wooden building or woods hex and NOT the actual buildings/woods hex.
For instance if an AFV was in such a hex then yes I agree the TEM would then apply. But shooting at the actual building or woods hex as the actual target then makes no sense to me to add a +2 or a +1 TEM to the to hit number, nothing is defending against it.
Thanks for any clarification.
Nate

Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder

Jan 31, 2024, 10:42:45 AMJan 31
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
We follow the general rule and add the TH building TEM.  There is no exception for 37.36, and the building still protects the infantry because you must place it closer to be effective.  You apply the TEM to the TH roll or the IFT but not both, just like smoke.