LOC clarification

Chris Earls

Sep 11, 2023, 3:06:54 PM9/11/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
I have always been a little fuzzy on the LOS rules when firing from higher elevation over intervening hill hexes and the firing hex is not part of the hill in question.  In this image, a single hex of the building at the bottom is a Level 3 hex.  Hill 547 is Level 2, so I can see all the dark brown hexes that make up the hilltop from the Level 3 building.
Per 43.61, Crest lines do not create a blind hex if the firing hex is part of the same hill.  Since I am not in a hex that's part of the same hill, the Level 2 hexes on Hill 547 create a blind zone as shown with red X marks.  Likewise, the Level 1 hexes on Hill 547 create blind zones on the road.  What always confuses me is hexes like the two circled in blue, hexes H4 and G5.  Per the LOS rules am I correct that my Level three shooter in the building could see those two hexes?

LOS.png

Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder

Sep 11, 2023, 5:09:42 PM9/11/23
to Squad Leader Tournament & Ladder
Looks correct to me, without stringing it. the woods hex would create a blind hex in F6, if the string crosses it.