RSD USA

Jon Russell

Apr 21, 2023, 7:11:59 PM4/21/23
to 2-tone forum
Anyone know if the USA RSD release of Work in Progress https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/15986 differs in anyway from the UK release packaging wise?

Wally

Apr 22, 2023, 2:17:28 AM4/22/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't think so. I'd imagine it will be identical. The image on the promo is computer generated, but is identical as far as I can see.

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 1:12 AM Jon Russell <jr.jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone know if the USA RSD release of Work in Progress https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/15986 differs in anyway from the UK release packaging wise?

Jon Russell

Apr 22, 2023, 7:04:58 AM4/22/23
to 2-tone forum
Cheers Wally. Have asked a friend of mine over there to pick up a copy today and will pick it up off him when I visit later in the year. Will get him to send me some pictures to scrutinise.

Paul Rodgers

Apr 22, 2023, 11:20:54 PM4/22/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
My understanding is that the Chrysalis and 2Tone releases are manufactured in Europe and are then shipped all over the world.

As Wally said I don't think there are any US or UK or EU releases now. They are manufactured for the UK and then shipped wherever retailers and distributors want them.

Since Chrysalis went independent I think they are purely UK based. I think the days of Chrysalis having offices and operations are long gone.

I also think that dome of the recent releases might be licenced to be sold overseas. Can't name any specific items, but think of this as a crossword clue:

Across:

1) Rhythmic movement spreads like a deranged virus to US on three types of shiny 5" discs (5,5).

Pledge

Wally

Apr 23, 2023, 12:38:07 PM4/23/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Disco Fever...?
Samba Mania........?

Paul Rodgers

Apr 23, 2023, 5:10:49 PM4/23/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com

Jon Russell

Jun 19, 2023, 6:42:16 AM6/19/23
to 2-tone forum
Just to confirm as Pledge correctly answered now I have received this from the US I can confirm it's the exact same release.