Celebrate the Bullet Deluxe Edition Track Listing

jason

Sep 13, 2022, 11:18:51 AM9/13/22
to 2-tone forum

1. (Who Likes) Facing Situations
2. Deep Water
3. Red Reflections
4. Tell Me What's Wrong
5. Bombscare
6. Washed Up ; Left for Dead
7. Celebrate the Bullet
8. Selling Out Your Future
9. Cool Blue Lady
10. Their Dream Goes on
11. Bristol and Miami
12. Celebrate the Bullet (Single Version)
13. Last Tango in Dub
14. Deepwater (Unreleased Single Version)
15. Deepwater (Unreleased Dub Version)
16. Selling Out Your Future (BBC Session John Peel 11/10/1980)
17. Tell Me Whats Wrong (BBC Session John Peel 11/10/1980)
18. Washed Up and Left for Dead BBC Session John Peel 11/10/1980)
19. Selling Out Your Future (BBC Session John Peel 11/10/1980)
20. Deepwater BBC Session John Peel 11/10/1980)
21. Bombscare (BBC Session)
22. (Who Likes) Facing Situations (BBC Session Mike Read 14/11/1980)
23. Cool Blue Lady (BBC Session Mike Read 14/11/1980)
24. Selling Out Your Future (BBC Session Mike Read 14/11/1980)
25. Out on the Streets (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
26. Danger (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
27. Deepwater (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
28. Missing Words (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
29. Washed Up ; Left for Dead (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
30. On My Radio (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
31. Celebrate the Bullet (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
32. Selling Out Your Future (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
33. Street Feeling (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
34. They Make Me Mad (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
35. Bristol ; Miami (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
36. (Who Likes) Fcing Situations (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
37. Bombscare (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)
38. Too Much Pressure (Live at the Nec, Birmingham, 27/12/1980)

Wally

Sep 14, 2022, 6:00:36 AM9/14/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Looks interesting!

jason

Sep 15, 2022, 1:51:51 PM9/15/22
to 2-tone forum
The live tracks were recorded at this gig.  Not a bad line up....John Copper Clarke was the MC for the night.

$$$$The Selecter.JPG

Wally

Sep 16, 2022, 2:10:04 AM9/16/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
It seems almost incredible that you could go to a gig with a line-up like that for a fiver.

jason

Sep 16, 2022, 10:01:44 AM9/16/22
to 2-tone forum
That was back in the day when gig tickets cost less than the price of an LP.  Having said that even by those standards it was great value.

Bonus points for anyone spotting the cryptic 2 Tone connection between two of the bands on the line up.

Wally

Sep 28, 2022, 2:29:26 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Go on then.... what's the cryptic connection...?

KEITH OWEN

Sep 28, 2022, 2:36:19 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Elvis Costello on TT7 I can't stand up
And the Selecter on 2tone label

KEITH OWEN

Sep 28, 2022, 2:37:01 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Just seen Madness there as well, so my answer is wrong, Doh!

Paul Rodgers

Sep 28, 2022, 3:49:35 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
It's Costello and Rockpile. They both did Girls Talk.

Not being smart, I Googled Rockpile a few days back.

Peter Walsh

Sep 28, 2022, 3:53:23 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Aha! Nice one..!

--
mov: 687954312

Paul Rodgers

Sep 28, 2022, 4:15:31 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Worth a watch despite being on Cheggers Plays Pop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya8eYvwUp2Q

Reminds me of the Special AKA doing Girlfriend on Razzmatazz (or Crackerjack according to comments on YouTube)|:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y8qi4rmxMw

I never understood this...

Still don't...

Pledge

Peter Walsh

Sep 28, 2022, 4:23:22 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Cracking song in Girlfriend... shocking pity it didn't make a bigger splash on the charts...

--
mov: 687954312

Gerald Wiley

Sep 28, 2022, 4:31:45 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone forum
John Shipley says it was Crackerjack! He often laments the fact that he didn't get his Crackerjack pencil!

Paul Rodgers

Sep 28, 2022, 4:51:30 AM9/28/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Yep. I wasn't commenting on the song. It's the oddness of it being performed on a show primarily aimed at under 10s.

jason

Sep 29, 2022, 1:08:14 PM9/29/22
to 2-tone forum
Rockpile and Elvis Costello are the connection.  Rockpile contained both Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds, who both released singles as solo artists when it was in fact it was the  Rockpile line up..  In the case of Girls Talk in was released as a solo single by Dave Edmunds.  The Costello's version is the best to these old ears.

Girlfriend was performed on Crackjack.  I can remember it clearly.  One of those What the fuck moments?

Has anyone seen a video of Bright Lights which was performed on Pauline Blacks short lived series Black on Black?  It was one of the few times the band played live in public. I think The Tube was the only other occasion.

RichT

Sep 30, 2022, 2:07:25 PM9/30/22
to 2-tone forum
Two more 2-tone connections on that gig line-up (I like this game:)...

Sqeeze's Jools Holland went on to form his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra featuring 2-tone virtuoso, the man Rico Rodriguez.

UB40 were allegedly offered a 2-tone deal, but ultimately turned it down (or vice versa?).

jason

Nov 13, 2022, 3:16:17 PM11/13/22
to 2-tone forum
Has anyone bought this yet?  I forgot the release date, but have just ordered it.

Michael Cowan

Nov 13, 2022, 3:20:58 PM11/13/22
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I received my vinyl and cd on Friday. Only listened to the live cd so far. It is superb.

jason

Nov 14, 2022, 6:57:02 AM11/14/22
to 2-tone forum
I had a listen on Spotify.  The single version of Deepwater is very......Haircut 100.

Matt Appleby

Nov 14, 2022, 11:03:31 AM11/14/22
to 2-tone forum
The Deepwater single remix is fascinating. Pauline Black had previously described it as "strange and quirky". The vocal is relatively quiet so possibly not a final mix. It is certainly a nod to that early 80s pop-funk genre. Personally, I think it loses the feel of the original, which is a great track. It's such an unusual story how the CTB single and album ended the group when, in some music press, they were being lined up as one of the groups of the 80s.