Rico remasters

RichT

May 4, 2021, 1:52:36 PM5/4/21
to 2-tone forum
Hi everyone. New here, but I've been lurking and enjoying the content of this group for a while.

Having recieved the Too Much Pressure  remastered LP last week, I was thrilled to see on the Obi strip, that the two Rico albums on the label are also to be re-issued. For me, a dream come true. They have not appeared on the 2-Tone store page yet, but I have them on pre-order elsewhere.

Does anyone know about the remastering. Which studio, is it a half-speed master, sourced from master tape, anything really to feed my excitement?

I think Miles Showell/Abbey Road produced one of the best sounding records I have ever heard with the remaster of The Special.

Many thanks
Rich

jason

May 4, 2021, 3:48:09 PM5/4/21
to 2-tone forum
I would presume that Alchemy have remastered the Rico albums.  We were told Abbey Road mastering is a costly process.  And I presume that there is certain budget set for each of these re-issues.

If the Rico albums sound  as good as the other Alchemy remasters then I don't think anyone will be complaining.

2 Tone is safe hands with its current owners and I am sure other goodies are in the pipeline.

jason

May 4, 2021, 3:57:35 PM5/4/21
to 2-tone forum
It is Alchemy re-mastering

AAAARico.JPG

RichT

May 4, 2021, 4:27:08 PM5/4/21
to 2-tone forum
Thanks for the info and the picture. First one I've seen. The Too Much Pressure mastering is also excellent, so high hopes for this.