Too Much Pressure

Paul Rodgers

Apr 30, 2021, 12:51:34 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Chart stats:

UK indie albums number 1
UK vinyl albums number 1
UK physical album number 5
UK albums sales number 5
UK official albums chart 24
Scottish albums chart number 4

That's a pretty good return for a long overdue reissue. I believe this is the first time Chrysalis has bothered to reissue to album in the UK.

If they do similar for Celebrate the Bullet it could do better than the original!

Pledge

jason

Apr 30, 2021, 1:39:49 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone forum
 Captain Oi! via their Captain Mod off-shoot were the only company to bother re-issue the album with any sort of effort in the UK.  It didn't even make it on to that Fame label which were re-issuing just about anything they could get their hands on.

I'll stick my neck out and say Too Much Pressure is a better album than the Special debut.  There is not a duff track on it. And while the band weren't happy with the production it doesn't suffer from the same variation in production standards that the Specials first longer player does.