Long Live Jason Weir... (Trojan)

Wally

Feb 6, 2023, 5:17:43 AM2/6/23
to 2 Tone Records
Hi everyone,
I'm afraid I have some very sad news indeed. Jason, founder of 2-tone.info (Trojan on the specials MB), passed away last night 5th Feb 2023 after a long fought health battle.

I know that many of you knew him well and we all enjoyed his forthright and knowledgeable opinions.

He'll be sadly missed.
A great friend.

Wally.

Kevin Barker

Feb 6, 2023, 5:49:20 AM2/6/23
to 2-tone forum
That is very sad news, I never knew Jason in person but shared views with Trojan many times on The Specials forum.
A very knowledgeable person on all matters of Two Tone.
Rest In Peace Trojan.

Wally, do you know how old Jason was?

Wally

Feb 6, 2023, 7:23:09 AM2/6/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,
Yeah, he was the man, he knew his stuff alright, and not one to shy away from a controversial opinion...

He was only 54.
W.

Kevin Barker

Feb 6, 2023, 11:13:37 AM2/6/23
to 2-tone forum
Thanks Wally, I had a feeling he was a similar age to me (and is) - sad news indeed, another gone well before his time.

R.I.P

Paul Rodgers

Feb 6, 2023, 6:46:55 PM2/6/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
May he rest in peace.

I'm another of similar age. I turned 55 on Friday. I would imagine most of us on here are of roughly the same bracket.

Pledge

Jon Russell

Feb 7, 2023, 4:04:37 AM2/7/23
to 2-tone forum
That's awful news. I've spent many hours on his fantastic website. Again I'm of a similar age as I presume most of us here are for whom 2Tone was a defining moment of adolescence and has been a life long passion. Deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Wally

Feb 7, 2023, 6:13:06 AM2/7/23
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Jon, awful news indeed.
But he will live-on on the pages of the site, fondly remembered by all of us.