2 Tone Fanzine

Gerald Wiley

Feb 9, 2023, 4:17:52 AM2/9/23
to 2-tone forum
Hello everyone,

I've posted about this before but I've been putting together a fanzine over the last 18 months, which I've run in conjunction with my book (released in November 2020), 2 Tone - Before, During & After.

The fanzine is now on its 7th Issue and it has really grown over the last few issues. In it, I include all the latest 2 Tone-related news, tour dates and new releases. I also review numerous 2 Tone-related gigs and try to interview at least one musician in each issue. I have been attempting to speak to the 2 Tone musicians we've not really heard from before.

In Issue 6, I tracked down and interviewed Barry Jones, who played on "The Kingston Affair", which later became "The Selecter". He also played on "Celebrate The Bullet" a few years later. Barry had never spoken about his involvement before. After not seeing each other for over 40 years, Barry and Neol Davies are now back in touch off the back of this.

In Issue 7, I spoke to John Shipley about his career and also his influence on Jerry Dammers and 2 Tone. And for anyone that's interested in the Swinging Cats, that interview is very interesting!

The next issue will see interviews with Roddy Byers and Tim Strickland, and also Paul Speare who talks about playing on "Nelson Mandela". And for future issues, there's already two Selecter members and a Swinging Cat being interviewed.

So if anyone's interested in reading new stuff about 2 Tone, from some of the lesser-known but equally as important 2 Tone musicians, then he fanzine might be of interest to you :) And if there's anyone on here that reads it, please give me your feedback!

If anyone is interested, then they can be picked up from this link: https://2tonefanzine.bigcartel.com/

Cheers