2 Tone Fanzine

Gerald Wiley

Jun 24, 2022, 5:11:01 AM6/24/22
to 2-tone forum
Hello everyone,

Not sure if you're interested, but following the publication of my book "2 Tone - Before, During & After" in November 2020, I launched a fanzine in September 2021 covering the latest 2 Tone news, gig reviews, single & album reviews and also lots of history that doesn't feature in the book.

Issue 2 saw me track down the famous skinhead who's head appeared on the cover of the Too Much Too Young EP. Issue 3 contained an interview with Justin Dodsworth on his time playing in The 2 Tone Collective and the current issue, Issue 4, has a piece with Alan Perry on his time in and out of Bad Manners and another piece on the 1992 album, The Sound of Ska with thoughts and memories from legendary producer Roger Lomas.

I thought it might be of interest to some of you on here. For what started as just an idea in lockdown, I'm surprised at the reaction the fanzine has had so far. Issue 5, which is due in September will have more interesting stuff including a look at Pauline Black's post-Selecter band The Suprnatrals and Stan Campbell as well as interviews from a current member of The Specials and another from a musician who played on the original 2 Tone Tour.

Keep on skanking :)

287044777_575959254149684_1249819261069427272_n.jpg

jason

Jun 25, 2022, 11:19:44 AM6/25/22
to 2-tone forum
Great stuff.  Could you post details on how to get hold of a copy?

Gerald Wiley

Jul 1, 2022, 12:17:23 PM7/1/22
to 2-tone forum
Yeah sure.

I'm taking bank transfers or PayPal payments for them. £2 a copy + £1 postage.

If you'd like one, please e-mail at leemor...@googlemail.com and I can pass on the payment details :)

This may be of interest too: https://www.facebook.com/2tonebook