Too Much Pressure Box Set.

jason

Feb 10, 2021, 1:38:22 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone forum
The Too Much Pressure Box Set is now on pre-order.

CD One:

Three Minute Hero
Everyday
They Make Me Mad
Missing Words
Danger
Street Feeling
My Collie (Not A Dog)
Too Much Pressure
Murder
Out On The Streets
Carry Go Bring Come
Black And Blue
James Bond

CD Two:

The Selecter
On My Radio
Too Much Pressure [B-side Version]
Street Feeling [Outtake]
They Make Me Mad [John Peel Session 22/11/79]
Carry Go Bring Come [John Peel Session 22/11/79]
Danger [John Peel Session 22/11/79]
Street Feeling [John Peel Session 22/11/79]
Three Minute Hero [Alternative Version] *
Missing Words [7” Version]
Carry Go Bring Come [Live]
A Live Injection/Mony Mony
Too Much Pressure [Soundcheck] *
The Whisper
Train To Skaville [7” Version]
Cool Blue Lady [Early Version] *
Train To Skaville [Extended Version]
On My Radio [Ready Mix Radio]

CD Three:

‘Live In Coventry 1979'*
Soulful 1 / Murder
Out On The Streets
James Bond
My Collie (Not A Dog)
Street Feeling
Everyday
The Selecter
Danger
They Make Me Mad
Carry Go Bring Come
On My Radio
A Live Injection / Too Much Pressure

‘Live In Hemel Hempstead 1980' *
Three Minute Hero
Black And Blue
Missing Word
Train To Skaville

* Previously unreleased

Nevie Colbert

Feb 10, 2021, 3:44:45 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Good value for money. Just a pity they won’t ship to Ireland.
At checkout in PayPal it says Townsend Music won’t send to your location

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Feb 2021, at 18:38, jason <ja...@2-tone.info> wrote:

The Too Much Pressure Box Set is now on pre-order.

harr...@googlemail.com

Feb 10, 2021, 3:50:44 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone forum
Delighted that the care and attention to re-releasing the back catalogue is still in place. Looks like a lot of thought has gone into making this so much more than a standard re-issue.

jason

Feb 10, 2021, 4:06:20 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone forum
Nevie,

Sounds like Brext strikes again.  Previous releases were posted to EU countries with no problem.

I'm sure that within a few days it will be available on pre-order from all the usual suspects.

Moonstomp

Feb 10, 2021, 4:07:39 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone forum
Hi Nevie.

I'm in Ireland (Dublin) and just ordered the 3 X CD with no issues.
I think they post to pretty much any country.

Raf Muz

Feb 10, 2021, 4:19:09 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Nevie,
I had the same issue with PayPal but it works with credit card 😉
Raphael from France

Wally

Feb 10, 2021, 4:37:45 PM2/10/21
to 2 Tone Records
Just ordered to Spain via paypal, no issues...

W.

Nevie Colbert

Feb 10, 2021, 4:43:26 PM2/10/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Got it sorted. Pre ordered the cd and black vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Appleby

Apr 22, 2021, 6:29:22 PM4/22/21
to 2-tone forum
“Anniversary” is misspelt on the belly band so copies from the 2 Tone store are now delayed. However copies have seemingly been sent from other outlets as a few are on social media with the misspelling. I think I would have preferred to have the misspelt version, a la Nissing Words etc!

jason

Apr 23, 2021, 5:59:57 AM4/23/21
to 2-tone forum
I think it might only be the clear vinyl version with the misspelt band.  Or at least those are the only versions I have seen for sale with photo's of the actual item rather than stock images.

if you are quick you can pick up copies of the misspelt version from a well known auction site.

There also is a delay with the CD version.

KEITH OWEN

Apr 23, 2021, 10:56:35 AM4/23/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Got mine today, 👌👌👍👍

Screenshot_20210423_155543.jpg

jason

Apr 29, 2021, 12:05:21 PM4/29/21
to 2-tone forum
Hopefully most people who pre-ordered in the UK have got their copies by now.  it was certainly worth the wait.  The album has never sounded better.  And the live version of Too Much Pressure could waken the dead. That must have been one hell of a gig at Tiffany's when this set and the Specials Skinhead Symphony were recorded. Plus Dexy''s before they discovered dungarees.

Matt Appleby

Apr 29, 2021, 3:39:30 PM4/29/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I’m still waiting. I asked the 2 Tone official store if they’d send me the misprint but they said they’d sent them all back!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "2-tone forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/2-tone-forum/65301ceb-39f9-45aa-aac4-789193e03aean%40googlegroups.com.

KEITH OWEN

Apr 29, 2021, 3:52:32 PM4/29/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I got mine from Waxandbeans, Records, with the spelling mistake, But I've just seen this on twitter,

Screenshot_20210429_205112.jpg

KEITH OWEN

Apr 29, 2021, 3:57:07 PM4/29/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Try harbour records

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021, 20:39 'Matt Appleby' via 2-tone forum, <2-tone...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Screenshot_20210429_205626_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_20210429_205612_com.twitter.android.jpg

jason

Apr 30, 2021, 2:41:55 AM4/30/21
to 2-tone forum
Going by the number of copies with the spelling mistake that are still for sale it looks like the 2 Tone Store was the only retailer to return them.  I have yet to see a clear vinyl copy without the spelling mistake.   At this rate of going  it could well become the  real collectible.

Matt Appleby

Apr 30, 2021, 2:55:45 AM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Ha, ha, good point.

I hope it was actually a deliberate mistake by some graphic designer paying homage to Nissing Words …

Raf Muz

Apr 30, 2021, 3:33:14 AM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I ordered the set from France at TM store so if I understand correctly I should receive (one day...) the misspelt version? Thanks Raphael

jason

Apr 30, 2021, 3:38:13 AM4/30/21
to 2-tone forum
Going by what others have said the Townsend Music store is only sending out the clear vinyl version with the correct spelling.

Nevie Colbert

Apr 30, 2021, 11:12:20 AM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Just received my bundle. Well happy with it but I actually thought the free single was a copy of On My Radio/Too Much Pressure and not a live EP.
Nice surprise but a pity it’s not on the 2 Tone paper label

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Apr 2021, at 08:38, jason <ja...@2-tone.info> wrote:

Going by what others have said the Townsend Music store is only sending out the clear vinyl version with the correct spelling.

KEITH OWEN

Apr 30, 2021, 12:13:10 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Mine come with the paper label

IMG_20210430_171225.jpg

KEITH OWEN

Apr 30, 2021, 12:15:31 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
12" & 7" clear vinyl spelling mistake, i must be lucky to get the 1st batch

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021, 16:12 Nevie Colbert, <nevi...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_20210430_171332.jpg

jason

Apr 30, 2021, 12:44:01 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone forum
Nevie, both clear and black copies of the album come with a 40g remastered 7inch of On My Radio.  It's the same pressing as was used for the singles box set.  The live EP was first with the first orders from the 2 Tone Store.  You should have received both of these 7inches.

Paul Rodgers

Apr 30, 2021, 12:44:27 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I have spoken with Dermot at Chrysalis and am hoping he will send me a correct clear vinyl OBI to go with my incorrect one so I don't have to buy the clear vinyl again just for the correct spelling.

Still waiting on the black vinyl version.

The album should chart today in the UK. It was top 40 on Monday....

Pledge

Message has been deleted

jason

Apr 30, 2021, 12:48:59 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone forum
I wasn't that tickled with the clear vinyl pressing and only bought it because of the spelling mistake.  As I mentioned previously the clear vinyl with the correct spelling could well become the rarer of the two.

Nevie Colbert

Apr 30, 2021, 5:48:31 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone
Nothing on the other side

Nevie Colbert

Apr 30, 2021, 6:16:45 PM4/30/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I actually did get the On My Radio single. It was inside the plastic cover of the album which I hadn’t open yet🙄🙄🙄🙄

Sent from my iPhone

RichT

May 4, 2021, 4:45:31 PM5/4/21
to 2-tone forum
Anyone played their new On my radio 7" and noticed a lot of surface noise, almost right from the start? Mine is a black vinyl copy. Considering returning it for an exchange, unless they are all like that...

Wally

May 5, 2021, 1:15:25 AM5/5/21
to 2 Tone Records
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.. :-(
I feel like I'm missing out on the party...

Matt Appleby

May 5, 2021, 2:53:54 AM5/5/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Wally, if you ordered clear vinyl from the 2 Tone store, you might need to chase them. They reordered mine (without spelling mistake) but then did not post it. Apparently mine is finally on its way now but only after I emailed them to say I still hadn’t received anything

Wally

May 5, 2021, 3:01:18 AM5/5/21
to 2 Tone Records
Cheers Matt,
Will do that so. It won't be the first time I've had to chase them up on an order mind...

W.

Paul Rodgers

May 6, 2021, 7:21:42 AM5/6/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
I got mine today complete with two OBIs. The original with the misspelling of 'annivarsary' and a loose (unglued) replacement with 'anniversary'.

What is somewhat disappointing is the lack of the live 7" EP despite the store's website still advertising it as available with both the black and clear vinyl versions.

Has anyone received this elusive EP? If so is it on black or clear vinyl or both depending on which version you ordered?

I have it on good authority that the store had more than enough copies of the bonus live EP to cover demand and returns, so am a little peeved that I have not received it when it is still being advertised.

That said the double OBI (who on earth called this a belly band? - a band around my belly would be horizontal, not vertical!) is a pleasant surprise.

Roll on the Rico, Ghost Town and other potentially far more interesting releases...

Cheers,

Pledge

jason

May 6, 2021, 8:49:05 AM5/6/21
to 2-tone forum
Pledge,

I just checked the 2 Tone store and they are not mentioning the live EP and have removed the images of the vinyl bundle which included it.

I ordered the black vinyl from the store and it came with the EP on black vinyl.  It's mocked up like white label pressing and would hazard a guess all of them were pressed on black vinyl

I agree with you on the belly band name.  All I can think of is a hairy beer belly pocking out of a replica football shirt.

Paul Rodgers

May 6, 2021, 9:00:19 AM5/6/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

There might not be images of it, but it is still there in the text. At least it still was an hour ago when I last looked. I have emailed the store asking for one as they should still have some.

Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile if anyone ordered both and has a spare of the EP I'd be happy to pay a reasonable price. NB by reasonable I mean less than the cost of TTP1 ;-) lol

Pledge

Matt Appleby

May 6, 2021, 11:43:20 AM5/6/21
to 2-tone forum
My copy has arrived from the 2 Tone store with all in tact: clear vinyl LP; clear vinyl OMR 7"; white sleeve 4 track EP; and deluxe CD ... + misspelt and correct OBIs!

Paul Rodgers

May 7, 2021, 10:34:19 AM5/7/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Nice one Matt,

I have had a result too.

As a result of their website advertising the extra EP 7" until yesterday afternoon TM have agreed to send me a copy of the EP as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Anyone on this list who ordered either of the vinyl versions from the official store up to and including yesterday lunchtime who DIDN'T get the 7" EP might want to email TM asking for their copy.

I took screen prints of their sales pages on their website clearly showing that the 7" EP was being advertised.

I know for a fact that they have several spare copies to cover returns and damaged stock.

Cheers,

Pledge

jason

May 8, 2021, 4:19:52 PM5/8/21
to 2-tone forum
Pledge,

That is a result.  It would be nice to think that copies of the free live EP won't end up on a certain auction site with sellers asking an arm and a leg for them.

KEITH OWEN

May 8, 2021, 4:32:12 PM5/8/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Gutted, i ordered mine from a record store online, missed out on the EP, 😢

Justin Harrison

May 8, 2021, 5:58:00 PM5/8/21
to 2-tone...@googlegroups.com
Just got my Too Much Pressure clear vinyl from the 2 Tone store  with the 7” in as well. All good.

Cheers.