Anybody here?

eric norris

Jul 11, 2023, 1:53:47 PM7/11/23
to Digest Recipients
I'm WSPRing on 144.489

73, Eric NF6S

ex WD6DBM

Stephen Filicky

Jul 11, 2023, 2:09:29 PM7/11/23
to Digest Recipients, eric norris
HI Eric - I'm pointed at you now.
Steve/n6kog CM97gs

Glenn Elmore

Jul 11, 2023, 2:15:15 PM7/11/23
to 2-mete...@googlegroups.com

Eric,

I'm presuming this is from Santa Clara, CA?

I'm about to come back on with a 144.495027 beacon running WSPR & CW from Fort Collins, CO.  I expect to have it initially at 5W and pointed south along the front range so perhaps 50W ERP horizontally polarized.  Could significantly QRO if there is interest/cause.

Not something I expect to see spotted in CA but are there any other 2m WSPR capable spotters in CO or within ~500 miles in South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma,New Mexico or Texas watching this group. I've lost track of who might be interested.

Glenn n6gn

Fort Collins, CO

eric norris

Jul 11, 2023, 2:26:09 PM7/11/23
to psfli...@att.net, Digest Recipients
Thanks, Steve!  I've got you at -27.  Are you hearing me?  Trying to get my new IC-9700 working correctly.

73, Eric NF6S

ex WD6DBM

George Gallis

Jul 11, 2023, 2:46:21 PM7/11/23
to Stephen Filicky, Digest Recipients, eric norris
Hello Steve and all,

I have plans to put an SDR receiver on a 2m omni antenna at a repeater site east of Cedar City UT. I do have a pair of PAR OmniAngles for this project.

The site is on Blowhard Mt at 10,600 ft. Location is DM37NO and on APRS as BLOW.

There is a 2m and UHF repeater and an APRS digi in the building. There are at least 7 UHF link transmitters also.  I will be able to make the APRS digi into receive only but the 146.800 does see plenty of use at times since it is part of the Utah Vhf Society InterTie system.

This would be temporary, I'd remove it well before the winter snows. We do have a Wifi internet connection there to a nearby commercial outfit and only use it for the APRS Igating but that will handle WSPR and WSJT reports.

I want to have this running by the end of the month.

George Gallis
AL7BX