2M WSPR effort in Spokane WA

AB7RU

Jul 17, 2021, 4:50:30 PM7/17/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
Hello group,
I just got set up on 2 meters from indoors, using a Comet 350M that I got to tune up close enough for 2M use. Running 1W, USB. I figure it is a longshot I will hear anyone, or be heard but you never know. DN17gp. 73's Mike AB7RU

WA6LOL

Jul 18, 2021, 3:47:33 PM7/18/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
hi mike.. well ill start watching conditions and turning the beam up there that woulb be some good dx ...dave

WA6LOL

Jul 18, 2021, 4:40:29 PM7/18/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
Mike, It would be awesome if there was a way you could put up a 10-13 element horizontal yagi pointed this way (192 degrees) we could work some e layer skip between us.. 1100 km!!!   73s Dave

AB7RU

Jul 22, 2021, 10:24:35 AM7/22/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
Dave,
Thanks for your reply! Oh boy I have no experience really with e layer skip... I wish I could put up a beam but this is an apartment situation.
I wish there was more wspr efforts on vhf locally it would be a great way to determine who can actually hear me through the walls of the apartment. And who I can hear. I am curious how far two stations can be and still be able to work one another on vhf from indoor/compromised conditions. Have a great day Dave best 73s
Mike AB7RU