2m Receiver in UT listening

George

Jun 23, 2021, 6:41:48 PM6/23/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
Hello all,

I'm in DM37 in SW Utah. For a few years I have had access to a repeater site on Iron Mt at 7,400 ft and have had an FT857 remote or SDR receivers at the location.  The radio is connected to a pair of M2 loops.  I use it for 2m ssb nets. Computers are Raspberry Pi with either OpenWebRX for SDR or MFJ RigPi connected to the radio.

The FM repeater is used mostly on Tues and Thurs evenings and it is otherwise a pretty quiet location. No preamp or freq stability.

In the past I have worked with Steve/n6kog and his FT8 signals can sometimes be heard here through that setup. The below map is a screen shot of FT8 heard in the Jan VHF contest.

After reading the comments here over the last couple days, I have the radio now listening for WSPR on 144.489 dial freq.  I made a transmission from home to put it on the WSPRNet map.

If you would want to beam this direction, I'm listening.

George Gallis
AL7BX
Cedar City, UT

janft8contest.jpg

dave hobbs

Jun 23, 2021, 11:47:53 PM6/23/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
Hi George, Awesome ill turn the beam that way some tonite and see...I am right up against the 13000 ft mountains (betwixt you and me) and vertical 100w 14 el yagi. But I have gotten over them and worked nevada gardnerville and roundhouse on 2m ssb.....so maybe

dave hobbs

Jun 24, 2021, 12:12:49 AM6/24/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
im aimed that way now 0411 utc xmitg 90 degrees dead east...

dave hobbs

Jun 24, 2021, 1:59:11 AM6/24/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
I will keep trying. our path should get way better when I get the horizontal yagi up. You are about the same distance as tim in LA. He is hearing me regularly (7 spots in last 7 hrs)even with the 15 db vertical/horizontal disadvantage. Its almost the same except for those 13000' mountains haha.

Tim Goodrich

Jun 24, 2021, 9:19:16 PM6/24/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
George, I'm going to leave pointed at you all night and push up to 10w. If you hv capability to aim to me (240deg to L.A.) , that would help.

Tim
K6TW

n3...@aol.com

Jun 27, 2021, 2:42:46 AM6/27/21
to 2-mete...@googlegroups.com
I pointed to DM37 and sent out several QRO sequence but nada.

Pointed to the cluster up in northern CA, and same result.

Oh well the electric meter got a work out. Back to monitoring.

dave hobbs

Jun 27, 2021, 2:13:35 PM6/27/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
I will send some sequences tonite +/- 0500-1700 ish  utc

dave hobbs

Jun 28, 2021, 1:59:51 AM6/28/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
sun nite 11pm sending seq east 90 degrees

WA6LOL

Jul 7, 2021, 1:28:02 PM7/7/21
to 2 Meter WSPR
aimed your way George 17:15 7/7