30 meters and GPSDO antenna.

KC6KGE

Feb 1, 2013, 12:27:29 PM2/1/13
to 2-mete...@googlegroups.com

I have a question about locating my GPSDO's antenna. Where I would have to locate it if it must be located externally is right under my 30 meter dipole more or less. Will my 30 meter operations impact the GPS receiver? My shack is about 20 feet under one end my 30 meter dipole as well.

My Nexus 7 sees eight to 10 satellites sitting on the desk here in the shack so an external antenna may not even be required.

Glenn Elmore

Feb 1, 2013, 1:53:43 PM2/1/13
to 2-mete...@googlegroups.com
It should be just fine. As you say it might even work inside though
these particular receivers aren't quite as good as the old ones, even
with the external active antenna.
I think you can put it wherever is convenient. We can provide you with
an extension if necessary.
Mine's on the rain gutter.

Glenn n6gn

Steven Hess

Feb 1, 2013, 2:04:52 PM2/1/13
to 2-mete...@googlegroups.com
Further checking with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 shows 14 of 19 sats
inside where very close to where I'd locate the antenna indoors.
Outdoors it would just be layed on the roof which is almost flat.
I am just thinking ahead.
--
Apply appropriate technology. Use what works without prejudice.