Disk-Burning Software for PowerMac 7100/80

John Dandola

Aug 28, 2009, 4:52:09 PM8/28/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone out there have a copy of Toast 3.5? Or suggestions about any other simple disk-burning software for making back-up copies of photos and files from my PowerMac 7100/80? Thank you.

start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

trag

Sep 1, 2009, 11:26:07 AM9/1/09
to 1st-PowerMacs

On Aug 28, 3:52 pm, John Dandola <johndand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone out there have a copy of Toast 3.5? Or suggestions about any other
> simple disk-burning software for making back-up copies of photos and files from
> my PowerMac 7100/80? Thank you.

There was a time when an OEM disk of Toast was included with every
CDRW drive sold with a SCSI interface. I can't remember if the
version was 3.5 or 4.0x. There should be about a million of those
disks floating around out there--or already washed downstream into the
landfill... I think they were green or black labeled and may have
said Adaptec, as I think Adaptec owned Toast back then. You might
try the CD bins at the Goodwill ComputerWorks store if you have one
locally.

Jeff Walther

John Dandola

Sep 1, 2009, 12:06:03 PM9/1/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jeff. I've been trying to locate a copy online to no avail. I thank you for narrowing down what I'm looking for.

Best regards,
John

--- On Tue, 9/1/09, trag <tr...@io.com> wrote:
start: 0000-00-00 end: 0000-00-00

R. A. Cantrell

Sep 2, 2009, 5:27:50 PM9/2/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
John, I don't have a 3.5, but I do have a 5.0 Toast you can have for
$10 plus postage?
--
All the best,

R.A. Cantrell

Charles Lenington

Sep 3, 2009, 9:22:52 AM9/3/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
John Dandola wrote:
> Does anyone out there have a copy of Toast 3.5? Or suggestions about
> any other simple disk-burning software for making back-up copies of
> photos and files from my PowerMac 7100/80? Thank you.

Iomega had it on their disks.

Mike Polcho

Sep 20, 2009, 7:54:28 PM9/20/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com