transferring Clarisworks 5.0 documents from Power Mac 6100 to new iMac in Word

shobha cameron

Jun 25, 2012, 4:35:04 AM6/25/12
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com

Just to let you all know that after months of talking to Apple technicians and other technicians face to face, and surrendering my old hard drive to them without success, I have managed with the support of our group, to transfer Clarisworks 5.0 documents from my old Power Mac 5100 to my new iMac and convert to Word format so they are again usable. Many thanks. Shobha

1. transfer documents in ClarisWorks 5.0 from Power Mac into a folder on a floppy disk (Power Mac has a floppy drive)
2. connect portable USB mac compatible floppy drive to iMac
3. put floppy disk (with folder of documents from Power Ma) into the portable floppy drive
2. drag the folder to iMac
3. open the folder in iMac and add .text to the end of each document title
4. open each text document which appears in notepad format with hieroglyphs
5. select all visible ENGLISH text and copy
6. open a new Word document and paste the copied text into it
7. bingo - beautiful and fully formatted as per the original in Claris