SCSI CD/DVD Burner

John Dandola

Jul 9, 2009, 6:07:56 PM7/9/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any suggestions for a SCSI CD/DVD Burner for my PowerMac 7100/80? Many thanks.

PeterH

Jul 13, 2009, 2:57:37 PM7/13/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 9, 2009, at 3:07 PM, John Dandola wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a SCSI CD/DVD Burner for my
> PowerMac 7100/80?

SCSI burners are hard to find, now.

The best of the bunch were the Yamahas: 4416S, 6416S and 8424S. The S
suffix indicates SCSI. The same numbers are used on Yamahs's ATA
burners. The E suffix indicates ATA (EIDE).

R. A. Cantrell

Jul 13, 2009, 5:17:59 PM7/13/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
I think I have one left. If I do it would be $20 plus postage. I used
this with my Q700 and Toast very successfully. I have not had it in
service for several years, and have sold the last of my SCSI machines,
so if it is where I think it is, it is for sale. It is an external
box. I am in San Angelo, Texas, 76901

--
All the best,

R.A. Cantrell

R. A. Cantrell

Jul 13, 2009, 5:19:04 PM7/13/09
to 1st-po...@googlegroups.com
Sorry list, that was meant to go to the original poster. Forgot he had
not posted on the swaplist.