Re: You received a contact from explorequran.org - Subj: exploring islam in a new light

Abdur Rab

May 28, 2011, 1:50:01 PM5/28/11
to suzid...@hotmail.com, Edip Yuksel, 19...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sister Suzidestiny,

Wa-alaikumus Salam. Thank you so much for your very kind words of praise for my book. Indeed I feel so gratified and honored when I hear such comments from readers like you - when I can see that my book is really doing some good to some people at least.

Unfortunately, however, the book has not yet been translated in any other language. None has shown any interest in trying to have it translated in Arabic. (One of my friends was trying his best to find a publisher interested in publishing it in the Dutch language, but had no luck as yet.)

Thank you again.
Abdur Rab

Dear Edip and other Googlegroups  friends,

Would anyone amongst you, by any chance, be interested in trying to have the book published in Arabic? If so, I will indeed be very grateful.

Thanks and Peace.
Abdur Rab

Jun 3, 2011, 3:21:38 PM6/3/11
to Mominul Hoque, "alirkhan@yahoo.com", Afsar Chowdhury, Aisha Y. Musa, Amina Wadud/FS/VCU, Dr. Aazim Kamal, Kassim Ahmad, Kazi Ahmed, Aslam Baig, Khin Aung, Layth Al-Shaiban, Ruby Amatulla, Reza Aslan, abdullah ibrahim, Caner Taslaman, Chibuzo Ohanaja, Matthew Cappiello, Ridwaan Davids, durre, "eva.rab@utsouthwestern.edu", Farouk, Grace Song, Hasan Mahmud, fereydoun, "frazie16@yahoo.com", Nadir Kabir, Sam Gerrans, HAROON KHAN, Israr Hasan, Riffat Hassan, Aisha Jumaan, Iman Jibrini, Jeffrey Lang, "sraziuddin@comcast.net", "tanweer22@gmail.com", "ampatwari09@live.com", "amena610@yahoo.com", "shabbir.mustafa@nsn.com", Khaleel Mohammed, Mahmood Qasmi, "arnoldjwmol@hotmail.com", Moezzi Melody, Mohammed Sakir, Mominul Hoque, Mq Farouk, Muhammad Abdur Rabb, "messenger109@juno.com", Mostaqur Rahman, Muqtedar Khan, Musin Asilbek, V O L K A N, Naushad Siddiqui, Omid Safi, "omoosa@oma.co.za", "osmanfathi@gmail.com", Prova Rab, Mehonaz Kazi, "ranisrab@yahoo.com", "sullah1@gmail.com", "imran@ricosgrill.com", "shova.lasmin@shell.com", "shaheen.sadat@citi.com", "saogat@gmail.com", Selina Islam, Shahid & Sharon Ullah ; ahmed subhy <mas5949@yahoo.com>, "salahuddin-ahmad@ouhsc.edu", "mustafashahed@yahoo.com", tariq58, "tina.husain@gmail.com", KABIR KHAIRUL, "suzidestiny@hotmail.com", "k.matin@hotmail.com", "k.matin@iaea.org", "onjhon@gmx.at", "noman.khairul@gmx.at", "jugbhery@rogers.com", Shahidnewaz Sattar, "muazzam@bangla.net", "munshi1943@gmail.com", "kabirkhairul2@gmail.com", "kabir.kumkum@gmail.com", "ullah.nasr@gmail.com", Edip Yuksel, 19...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hoque Saheb,

Thank you for your response. I partially agree with your bleak assessment. Yes, you can't change the die-hard mullahs and those who are indoctrinated likewise. That is precisely the reason I say that Islamic reform along Quranic lines alone is going to be a hard and slow process. But even in this bleak scenario, I have received a wonderful review of my book from Professor Khaleel Mohammed (see: the Reviews page of my website: www.exploreQuran.org), who has received both traditional Islamic education and modern education. Almost every new reform movement faces stiff resistance and obstacles from the existing established order of things. But slowly and steadily new ideas can gain ground and in the process they can even get a momentum. The new millennium, twenty-first century Quran-only movement has only started! In this Internet age, its future is not as bleak as you seem to suggest. There are a growing number of websites such as www.free-minds.org, www.19.org, and www.deenresearchcenter.com that are spreading the Quran-only message, which are being visited by a growing number of people. Publishing anti-Hadith material has got easier than never before, despite the reluctance on the part of the traditional book publishers. The modern educated youth are gradually turning against the meaningless dogmas of the mullahs. I agree there is a significant section of them still mired in the old orthodoxy, which has come through a new resurgence of orthodoxy in recent time. But things can change, and are changing, with determined efforts from the reformist camp. Reformist efforts are being made at different fronts (I have given some idea of this movement being carried forward through Edip Yuksel and other reformers in my book). At some point, we should not rule out a jump-start in this Quran-only movement.

Please remember, formerly, in the recent past, the advocates of the Quran-only Islam were only few and far between, but now the number is growing steadily. In a recently published book, Jeffrey Lang notes that “numerous converts and second generation Muslims [in America] have shared their doubts with me about the Hadith literature, but it appears that skepticism among Muslim youth about the trustworthiness of this material may be growing worldwide” (Lang, Jeffrey, Losing My Religion: A Call for Help, Amana Publishers, Beltsville (Maryland), 2004, p. 475).

We shouldn't lose heart, but should keep trying. If our mission is on the right track, we will inshallah succeed with Divine help.

Best regards.
Abdur Rab

Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:09:19 -0700
From: rab_...@yahoo.com

Dear Friends,

I forward this email received from one of the readers of my book Exploring Islam in a New Light (see: www.exploreQuran.org) ... I thought you might like to take a look at it, since it touches a Muslim lady so positively, while her husband can't see its relevance, as he is so obsessed with the Hadith. This shows how difficult it is to change people's minds. Reforming our faith is going to be an uphill task.

Best regards.
Abdur Rab

Hasan Mahmud

Jun 3, 2011, 4:17:01 PM6/3/11
to Abdur Rab, Mominul Hoque, alir...@yahoo.com, Afsar Chowdhury, Aisha Y. Musa, Amina Wadud/FS/VCU, Dr. Aazim Kamal, Kassim Ahmad, Kazi Ahmed, Aslam Baig, Khin Aung, Layth Al-Shaiban, Ruby Amatulla, Reza Aslan, abdullah ibrahim, Caner Taslaman, Chibuzo Ohanaja, Matthew Cappiello, Ridwaan Davids, durre, eva...@utsouthwestern.edu, Farouk, Grace Song, fereydoun, fraz...@yahoo.com, Nadir Kabir, Sam Gerrans, HAROON KHAN, Israr Hasan, Riffat Hassan, Aisha Jumaan, Iman Jibrini, Jeffrey Lang, srazi...@comcast.net, tanw...@gmail.com, ampat...@live.com, amen...@yahoo.com, shabbir...@nsn.com, Khaleel Mohammed, Mahmood Qasmi, arnol...@hotmail.com, Moezzi Melody, Mohammed Sakir, Mq Farouk, Muhammad Abdur Rabb, messen...@juno.com, Mostaqur Rahman, Muqtedar Khan, Musin Asilbek, V O L K A N, Naushad Siddiqui, Omid Safi, omo...@oma.co.za, osman...@gmail.com, Prova Rab, Mehonaz Kazi, rani...@yahoo.com, sul...@gmail.com, im...@ricosgrill.com, shova....@shell.com, shahee...@citi.com, sao...@gmail.com, Selina Islam, Shahid & Sharon Ullah ; ahmed subhy <mas5949@yahoo.com>, salahudd...@ouhsc.edu, mustaf...@yahoo.com, tariq58, tina....@gmail.com, KABIR KHAIRUL, suzid...@hotmail.com, k.m...@hotmail.com, k.m...@iaea.org, onj...@gmx.at, noman....@gmx.at, jugb...@rogers.com, Shahidnewaz Sattar, mua...@bangla.net, munsh...@gmail.com, kabirk...@gmail.com, kabir....@gmail.com, ullah...@gmail.com, Edip Yuksel, 19...@googlegroups.com
I share your views, Rab Bhai.

Our next generations will be more efficient on technology and aware of human rights.
They will not swallow folk stories in the name of Islam, nor they will legitimize violence, against women and non-Muslims
in particular, in the name of divinity. We are sowing the seeds - it will but grow.

My 2 more Docu-movies on Sharia law area coming up - the first one was shown in an Int'l film festival in Los Angeles last month.
I wan there to explain the theo-mechanism of violence in the name of faith - and how we can eliminate it by a counter
mechanism from the same sources.

If you have time please download my Sharia book and watch my first movie on Sharia law in the following links.

Best.

Hasan Mahmud
BANGLA SHARIA-MOVIE:- http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B0305803702E7AE7
BANGLA SHARIA-DRAMA & SHARIA-BOOK:-http://www.tritiomatra.com/woaz.html

Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:21:38 -0700
From: rab_...@yahoo.com
To: momin...@hotmail.com
CC: alir...@yahoo.com; afsar_cho...@yahoo.com; dray...@gmail.com; awa...@vcu.edu; aazim...@yahoo.com; kass...@streamyx.com; kaz...@gmail.com; aslam...@yahoo.com; alfre...@gmail.com; alsh...@gmail.com; rubyam...@yahoo.com; reza...@yahoo.com; aido...@gmail.com; ctas...@yahoo.com; coha...@gmail.com; mattca...@hotmail.com; RDa...@metropolitan.co.za; durre...@yahoo.com; eva...@utsouthwestern.edu; farouk...@hotmail.com; FAD...@law.ucla.edu; fate...@hotmail.com; fere...@gmail.com; fraz...@yahoo.com; gtg...@gmail.com; s...@samgerrans.com; KH...@hsu.edu; hitt...@yahoo.com; rif...@louisville.edu; aish...@hotmail.com; amo...@gmail.com; la...@math.ku.edu; srazi...@comcast.net; tanw...@gmail.com; ampat...@live.com; amen...@yahoo.com; shabbir...@nsn.com; kha...@mail.sdsu.edu; qas...@gmail.com; arnol...@hotmail.com; mel...@melodymoezzi.com; sak...@rediffmail.com; momin...@hotmail.com; fa_...@yahoo.com; mr...@videotron.ca; messen...@juno.com; mos...@gmail.com; mk...@UDel.Edu; am...@list.ru; volkang...@hotmail.com; nrsid...@yahoo.com; om...@email.unc.edu; omo...@oma.co.za; osman...@gmail.com; pro...@yahoo.com; mehon...@gmail.com; rani...@yahoo.com; sul...@gmail.com; im...@ricosgrill.com; shova....@shell.com; shahee...@citi.com; sao...@gmail.com; seli...@sbcglobal.net; sul...@earthlink.net; salahudd...@ouhsc.edu; mustaf...@yahoo.com; tar...@hotmail.com; tina....@gmail.com; khairu...@rogers.com; suzid...@hotmail.com; k.m...@hotmail.com; k.m...@iaea.org; alfre...@gmail.com; onj...@gmx.at; noman....@gmx.at; jugb...@rogers.com; sha...@gmx.at; mua...@bangla.net; munsh...@gmail.com; mk...@UDel.Edu; kabirk...@gmail.com; kabir....@gmail.com; ullah...@gmail.com; 1...@19.org; 19...@googlegroups.com