Phone conversation with Rashad--halal turkey

Alison Pound

Nov 4, 2012, 3:56:54 PM11/4/12
to 19...@googlegroups.com
Peace be to you Edip.

I just listened to that phone call, and Rashad said there is no halal turkey, in response to the caller's statement about the muslim way of killing an animal.  There is the demand that we "use a sharp knife" and to me that means slaughtering animals in the most humane way, as a merciful GOD has told us to do.
The meat in most grocery stores, as you know, has been harvested in the most inhumane ways, starting from how cattle, etc. are factory-farmed and live in horrible conditions, up to, and including, how their lives are ended.  This is why I try to always buy meat that has been raised in the most humane ways I can find, like grass-fed.  And it's why I am now vegetarian.  Vegetarianism is my choice I know.

When somebody asks a muslim if meat is halal, I think the Qur'an's humane slaughter injunction should not be ignored!