How "Islamic" is "Islamic" banking?

Abdur Rab

Jun 28, 2012, 6:49:45 PM6/28/12
to Edip Yuksel, 19...@googlegroups.com, edipyuksel2
Sorry, I forgot to mention the subject.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Abdur Rab <rab_...@yahoo.com>
To: Edip Yuksel <1...@19.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:21 PM

Dear Edip,

I hope this finds you well. You might find this piece of mine on Islamic banking (http://aslanmedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6586&catid=19&Itemid=260) of particular interest on the heels of a recent discussion we had about the desirability of interest. As this research of mine reveals, Islamic banks have, for the most part of their businesses, failed to get rid of interest. Will you call this hypocritical or is this a bad thing, after all? Let us all think if interest in financial transactions should be condemned as unIslamic or it is an inevitable requirement in the modern economy.

Thank you for your attention.

Peace to you and to all who have received a copy of this email.

Abdur