Fw: A Bengali movie-drama (Divine Stone) on the problems with the Sharia Law

Abdur Rab

May 26, 2012, 5:11:04 PM5/26/12
to David Cherenchikov, Delawar Hossain, Don Evon, Dov30, Dr.Shabbir MD, Ridwaan Davids, drayman, drayman, durre, "DanBoy777@gmail.com", "danielminer@bresnan.net", "dbcook@rice.edu", "drmanzoorulhaque@gmail.com", Erin Maher, Eva, "email.alam@gmail.com", Farouk, Faruqui Bhai, Firdous Islam, Ghulam Yaseen, Grace Song, Grace Song, Nadir Kabir, Professor Jesper Garsdal, Reza Ghanimati, "goovroen@rocketmail.com", "grayh101@aol.com", "greenfastforward@gmail.com", Israr Hasan, Hickman + Weber Group, Muhammed Hedayetul Haque, HAROON KHAN, Mominul Hoque, Riffat Hassan, Shamsul Huda, ataul hannan, "Hanif_mo@hotmail.com", "hendrm1@auburn.edu", Intekhaab Siddiquee, Irshad Manji, Nazrul Islam, abdullah ibrahim, "IJahan@ifdc.org", "i.muna@yahoo.com", fraz, "ihasanfaq@yahoo.com", "imran@ricosgrill.com", "ishtiakrajib@yahoo.com", and Progress Outreach Muslims for Peace Justice, jibbo jibbo, syed ali, "jstern9211@comcast.net", "jordanc@dcad.org", "jugbhery@rogers.com", "jweber@daveperrymiller.com", 19...@googlegroups.com, Hasan Mahmud
Dear Friends,

Myself being an arch-critic of the so-called Islamic Sharia Law (See my website: www.exploreQuran.org), I watched this poignant Bengali movie-drama (with English sub-titles) of my friend Hasan Mahmud with particular interest. He has chosen the movie-drama as a most powerful medium to address Islamic reform issues and he has proved himself to be doing this job wonderfully well. This is his second endeavor of this kind, which vividly brings to surface the serious problems with the Sharia law, especially highlighting the pitiable, vulnerable position of women under the Sharia Law (I watched his first movie, too, which relates to the social havoc being caused by the abhorrent Hilla system.) I highly recommend this movie to anyone who wishes to be aware of the reform issues in our society and want to eradicate the heinous crimes that are being orchestrated in the Muslim society in the name of Sharia.

Please watch:

Please forward to your contacts.

With salam to you all.

Abdur Rab
Author, Exploring Islam in a New Light: A View from the Quranic Perspective