ECOSF Bakers Alley July 31st - Summer Canning Workshop

Jay

Jul 30, 2010, 9:35:12 PM7/30/10
to Jay

ECOSF's Bakers Alley
Summer Canning Workshop
Saturday July 31st 11-5pm @ the School Farm

 Come learn how to extend the bountiful summer harvest Canning Tomatoes
through the seasons and join us for a comprehensive workshop, from field to jar, on canning tomatoes and fruit preserves like strawberries, plums and blackberries.

Bakers Alley is also a potluck so bring a dish or dough to bake or share, toppings for pizza, and if you got, em' your own utensils to keep this a zero waste event.

Activities
 ~Simple step-by-step water bath canning demonstration with a
limited supply of freshly made preserves available for $5/jar.

pizzas in cob oven~ Baking demo with Joe from Destination Baking Co.

~Cooking bread, pies and
other wholesome goodies in the earthen oven and solar cookers.

~ Hands-on natural building, help put an earthen plaster coat on the chicken coop

school farm banner

Location
:  Next to the athletic field at the Academy of Arts and Sciences and School of the Arts - 555 Portola Dr. San Francisco (click for map). Enter campus via O'Shaughnessy Blvd @ Portola. Close to 36, 44, 48, and 52 Muni lines.  From the parking area on O'Shaughnessy, walk down the hill to the right towards the athletic field. We'll be on the farm the behind the bleachers across the field. See ya there!

For more information:

www.eco-sf.org ~ in...@eco-sf.org ~ (415) 846-8164

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to prot...@gmail.com by in...@eco-sf.org.
Ecology Center of san francisco | 424 Russia Ave. | San Francisco | CA | 94112

--
"If we're not working together, we're destroying each other."