Private company closing

Lord Warr

May 25, 2012, 1:25:24 PM5/25/12
to 1858-playtes...@googlegroups.com
In rules version 7, 9.7 states that the public company closes its private companies during its OR round, assuming phase 5 was triggered by the previous company to run.  So the rest of the comapnies to run later in this same OR must close their private companies.  Do companies that ran in that OR before phase 5 was triggered need to retroactively close their privates, wait till the end of the OR, or do they close their privates on their next OR?

Brett

Ian D Wilson

May 25, 2012, 3:09:02 PM5/25/12
to 1858-playtes...@googlegroups.com
Brett,

A private company owned by a public company during it's operating turn (which must have got there during a stock round), must be closed after the revenue step and before the purchase trains step. This is irrespective of whether a 5E/4M has been bought. Thus at the end of any OR, there can be no privates left in the public companies.

During the final exchange round, which occurs at the end of the OR during which the first 5E/4M was bought, all remaining privates in player's hands are closed or exchanged. Those which are exchanged for a share are then immediately closed. Therefore, at the end of the FER there are no privates left in the game.

Ian D

Brett Warr

May 25, 2012, 3:20:27 PM5/25/12
to 1858-playtes...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

Ah, okay, lights go on.  I was trying to apply the default 1830 rules of keeping the privates until they close.  I see now this is not the case here.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Brett