volatile stock rounds.

phillip...@att.net

Feb 12, 2012, 7:16:56 PM2/12/12
to 1843-playtest-discussion
If I understand your stock round of sell - buy - sell is to make a
more volatile stock round. Allowing me to sell some "A" stock and
then buy a "B" stock and turn around and sell the just purchased stock
so as to drive the market down on both companies.
This can make for some nasty rounds of stock. But in thinking on it
could also quicken as would not have to wait until next turn to sell
what may have dropped in value by your turn.

JC Lawrence

Feb 12, 2012, 10:03:32 PM2/12/12
to 1843-playtes...@googlegroups.com
It is a mixed bag. Yes, the market can be volatile and even markedly astable in larger player count games, but the cost of giving others pool shares and thus more control of capital (or just cheap shares) can be painfully large, most especially in a game which chews company capital quite so fast and has so little stock appreciation in the early- and mid-game.

I'm a little more surprised that nobody has commented on the ability to change the order of companies in a stack on the floor of the stock market with share sales. There's a deliberate temptation toward races to the bottom there.

-- JCL