Stock round question

Duarte Conceição

Feb 11, 2012, 5:07:49 AM2/11/12
to 1843-playtest-discussion
After reading the rules I only have a question. In a stock round we
will be able to sell-buy-sell? Or it will be sell then buy or buy then
sell?

It looks very promising congratulations JC!

JC Lawrence

Feb 11, 2012, 12:02:46 PM2/11/12
to 1843-playtes...@googlegroups.com
It is a sell-buy-sell game.  The relevant rules section is 7.1 on page 8:

"""On their turn a player may pass or do any or all of the following in the following order:

  • –  Sell some number of shares of one or more public companies (see section 7.2).

  • –  Buy a single certificate (a single 10% or 20% director’s certificate if available) from either the bank pool or IPO chart (see section 7.3).

  • –  Sell some number of shares of one or more public companies (see section 7.2). """

Is this unclear?  Does it need improvement?  What wording might be better?

-- JCL (mobile)

Duarte Conceição

Feb 12, 2012, 4:06:23 PM2/12/12
to 1843-playtest-discussion
If that's the case the phrasing is perfect.

It's just find it uncommon and just want to make sure the second sell
was not an extra paste :)

Thanks

On Feb 11, 5:02 pm, JC Lawrence <c...@kanga.nu> wrote:
> It is a sell-buy-sell game.  The relevant rules section is 7.1 on page 8:
>
> """On their turn a player may pass or do any or all of the following in the following order:
>
> –  Sell some number of shares of one or more public companies (see section 7.2).
>
> –  Buy a single certificate (a single 10% or 20% director’s certificate if available) from either the bank pool or IPO chart (see section 7.3).
>
> –  Sell some number of shares of one or more public companies (see section 7.2). """
>
> Is this unclear?  Does it need improvement?  What wording might be better?
>
> -- JCL (mobile)

JC Lawrence

Feb 12, 2012, 5:21:27 PM2/12/12
to 1843-playtes...@googlegroups.com
Hehn. There's enough other loose wording to clean up in the rules that I quite understand (I've been focusing on completeness more than brevity). The next few revisions should mostly be tightening up the language.

-- JCL (mobile)