TWO NEW PROJECTS: one for Poetry and one for Prose

Doctor Fab

Jun 13, 2020, 11:42:51 AM6/13/20
to 34 SHORT TALES, 36-the-healing-...@googlegroups.com

Hallo All,

The following are our two new projects:

1. POETRY collection : "The Beauty of Diversity"

— TOPIC:

·         'RACIAL PREJUDICE: A MORAL SHAME — Poems of Witness'

Submission DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2020

Those who wish to participate in this anthology must register with the new Google-group 37-poetry-against-racism — Here is the link to the g-group 37.:

·         https://groups.google.com/d/forum/37-poetry-against-racism

After registration (only the registered members can submit to the group), you can submit up to 3 (three) poems (no longer than 40 lines, with no more than 70* characters per line —spaces included— *read the note at the bottom).

Submit your poems through the Group email:

·         37-poetry-ag...@googlegroups.com

2. PROSE collection:

·         A FAIRY TALES collection (the book title will be decided before publication)

Submission DEADLINE: AUGUST 15, 2020

To participate in this anthology you must register with the old Google-group 34.Short Tales (you do not have to register if you are already in the group, of course). Here is the link to the g-group 34.:

·         https://groups.google.com/d/forum/34-short-tales

As a registered member of the group, you can submit 1 tale of at least 1,000 words (but less than 10,000)

Submit your fairy tale through the Group email:

·         34-shor...@googlegroups.com

________________________________

*Please, note* :

1.        Submit only UNPUBLISHED poems/tales.  You must state that your submission(s) is(are) unpublished when you submit

2.        'The Beauty of Diversity' will be the title of the poetry book, so it can't be used as a title for a poem.

3.        If the poet/writer is a minor, to be accepted for publication parent's consent has to be expressed.

4.        ALL THE UNFIT POEMS WILL BE DISCARDED AFTER DEADLINE, without further notice.

________________________________

2020_06 x PUW - 2 New Projects.docx

Doctor Fab

Jul 7, 2020, 4:10:34 AM7/7/20
to 37-poetry-ag...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I think I need to clarify a key point regarding this collection.

The title of the book will be "The Beauty of Diversity", but the topic of this collection (as its subtitle * reveals) concerns a theme of absolute importance , * 'Racial Prejudice, A Moral Shame', and the aim is to get a collection of 'Poetry of Witness'. For such a reason this theme must be clearly expressed in the poems.

In some circumstances, we may accept a poem in which the "beauty of diversity" is symbolized through an allegorical message, but --although Allegory is a well-known poetic technique-- for the reason described above, the Author's moral/ethical imperative must be clearly expressed (the message can be made even more explicit through a footnote, if needed).

However, the poems that will be considered unsuitable for this topic, could be added to our next collection of "free-theme poems" ("POETIC FANTASIES, Vol. 3"), a project that will start in mid-August... 😉🤓

Cheers
TAKE CARE 😷
F.

P.S.: as a reminder: the book's title (and subtitle) cannot be used as a poem title.