Fwd: ANTHOLOGY ON UKRAINE

Doctor Fab

Nov 4, 2022, 5:20:19 AM11/4/22
to 13-poetry-f...@googlegroups.com, 12. Poetry for Our Planet, 26. POETRY FROM IRAN
Hello ALL,

Our latest anthology, 'UKRAINE FOREVER: THE VALUE OF DEMOCRACY AND PEACE', has been published at Amazon:
The anthology collects poems and some prose pieces on the criminal Russian invasion of peaceful Ukraine: an invasion that has generated the largest and most violent war fought in Europe since the end of WW2.

The poets who'd like to get a PDF copy of the book can let me know.
___

And this is a reminder:
  • ''We Cut Our Hair — Women, Life, Freedom''  — Submission Deadline: November 30
  • "Fire, Water, Hunger, War: A Collapsing Worldnew Deadline: December 31

Project  — 'Women, Life, Freedom':
This is about the protests that are still growing in Iran after the death of Mahsa Amini, on Sept. 16  — She was arrested and then beaten to death by Iranian "morality police of Islamic Republic" for not wearing the hijab in accordance with the islamic standards set by the government. The protests are motivated by a popular desire for freedom and democracy, but the government's response has been  and it continues to be brutal: hundreds of Iranian citizens have been killed; thousands have been imprisoned. Most of them are young even children have been killed. Many of them are women/girls.

Project — 'A Collapsing World':
"Climate pledges are falling short, and a chaotic future looks more like reality" (NYT)
As the title states, the topic of this anthology is a broad one, so it is open to the human-made climate change and also all human-made "disasters", such as devastating fires, floods or droughts that occur increasingly in so many parts of the planet; as well as conflicts/wars (in Ukraine, Ethiopia, Yemen, Myanmar,...) which have not only regional but global effects, 'cause they determine serious political and economic consequences, aggravating famine, poverty and immense inequality.

Best
F.
immagine.png.immagine.png
Book Covers: the 1st is the ebook; the paperback's the 2nd.