Fwd: 'WITTY MOMENTS' - Anthology of Poetry

Doctor Fab

Feb 13, 2022, 11:14:53 AM2/13/22
to 7-poetry-any-s...@googlegroups.com, 35. Poetic Fantasies 2, 8. Japanese Lyric Poetry TANKA
Hello All,

please, see the following 4 points:

1.
Our latest Anthology published, 'WITTY MOMENTS', is online at Amazon (Ebook + Paperback):
In attachment: 2 files (file .zip + file .jpg)
From the Opening Note of the Anthology:

" Re-reading the four books of poetry of a dear friend who passed away in January 2021, Tom Billsborough, I realized that he wrote a good number of witty poems worthy of being part of an anthology specifically dedicated to the gender. Furthermore, in several anthologies published in recent years by our Association, 'Poets Unite, Worldwide', there are other poems of this type, written by various poets. Hence the idea of a small book of "witty" poems, which collects poems already published plus some new ones, from our archives "

2.
In a few days also the anthology "FAMILY IS FOREVER" will be available at Amazon.
A little later, during this month, the TANKA collection will also be released — title: 'TIPTOEING IN & OUT'.

3.
Since Amazon offers the chance to publish also HARDCOVER books, I've been ask by a couple of friends to use this opportunity when printing our anthologies. I replied that I don't think it's worth it for our usual anthologies (as only very few copies are purchased), but we can consider it for "Special Editions".  So here I want to submit an idea (I thought about it while I was preparing 'WITTY MOMENTS'): what do you think about choosing, among the poems published in all our anthologies, the 100 best poems to be collected in print? For such an edition it may be worth proposing a hardcover.
If you like the idea, I invite all poets to make a list of the best poems (in their opinion), with a deadline as follows:
-- in a first phase, from now to the end of February, I would say to limit the chosen poems to 25;
-- a new list with 25 other poems must be compiled by the end of March;
-- 25 more in April;
-- finally, the last 25 by the end of May.
Each list should be sent* to me + 3 or 4 more poets (*either directly or through the group).
The reports must be completed as below:
[POET] [TITLE of the Poem] [ANTHOLOGY where the poem was published]
The final list will be made public.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

4.
For those who wish to participate in the next Anthology, 'POETIC FANTASIES, Vol. 6th', (collection of free themed poems) :
We will use Group "35. Poetic Fantasies 2" to collect the poems -- therefore, to take part in the compilation you need to be registered in Google-Group 35 (if you are not yet registered). Free registration at:
After registration, submit your unpublished poem(s) through the GROUP EMAIL:
SUBMISSIONS: each poet can submit up to 3 poems (no length limit)
DEADLINE: MARCH 31st

Cheers
F.
x WITTY MOMENTS - Cover EBOOK (red.).jpg
Witty+Moments.zip