Does anyone remember John Gann (71-72)?

Brice Moyer/Kelly Clark

Feb 17, 2018, 8:02:56 AM2/17/18
to Vultures & Copperheads
My name is Kelly, I’m the youngest of his 3 children. Sadly, he passed 3 years ago yesterday. Last night I discovered he was in the 162nd AHC. As is common of veterans, he rarely spoke of his tour - in fact, it wasn’t until my discovery last night that I learned what his role was. Reading/learning what I did found made me realize how little I knew of him. He may have come home but part of him died over there.
If anyone remembers him, my brother and I would love to hear from you.
Thank you all for your service, and sacrifice for our freedom. I am the granddaughter of the Navy, daughter of the Army, sister of the Air Force and mother of future Air Force or Navy. Pride in our armed forces is in my blood. - Kelly

lee dike

Feb 17, 2018, 11:56:11 AM2/17/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Did not know him, but rest in peace fellow Vulture / Copper Head.

lee dike
162nd AHC

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Ronald Andreson

Feb 18, 2018, 2:09:25 PM2/18/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com

Kelly,

Unfortunately I did not know your dad.  I was with Vultures ’67-’68.  All the best.

Andy Andreson

Vulture 6

Feb 18, 2018, 2:09:25 PM2/18/18
to Vultures & Copperheads
Thank you Mr. Dike.

aso...@aol.com

Feb 18, 2018, 2:42:46 PM2/18/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Kelly and Brice -- I was '69-'70, so too early to have had the honor of flying with your dad. My condolences on your loss.

Rest peacefully, Brother-in-Arms.

Bill Tuttle
V-15

Apr 12, 2018, 10:57:59 AM4/12/18
to Vultures & Copperheads
Kelly just happened on to this site and saw your question, I flew with your dad a few times, He was a good man and a good pilot, the one flight I remember like yesterday wasn't anything special as far as the war was concerned, I was working ash and trash at night, and we had an aircraft that needed engine checks, he asked if I wanted to go with him in the left seat, of course I said yes, I loved to fly and took any opportunity to do it. We needed to get to 32 degrees OAT outside air temp. so we circled the air field in a tight spiral to 10,000 feet to get the temp, it was the only time I ever got cold while in country, I still occaisionally tell that story when flying on helicopters comes up. I was told that the darkness in country was blacker than anything in the states, on that flight with your dad proved the point, at that time in history there wasn't a lot of electricity in the areas away from the major population areas, and you could see a long way from that altitude, just how little light there was. I am sorry to hear that he has passed away, may he rest in peace, Its not much but hopefully this will give you a little insight. Respectfully, Michael B. Lashley

Lawrence Castagneto

Jan 6, 2020, 3:49:18 PM1/6/20
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
yes was there when I was

Lawrence Castagneto
(Ret CW4 USA)

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 1:09 PM Brice Moyer/Kelly Clark <bmoy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Mr. Dike.

michaelblashley

Jan 6, 2020, 8:23:53 PM1/6/20
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Did some engine checks with him one night we circled to 10,000 ft over can tho to get some cold air coldest I ever was over there, I communicated with him in the 80's said he had transferred to chinooks we talked a little about 1-11-72 he was under the impression it was a maintenance problem I told him I had seen sgt swanner in operations with a transmission sump in his lap with a hole in it. Last I heard was a post from his daughter I think that he had passed,I made a post at the time that I new him I liked him he was a good pilot.

ron rampell

Jan 6, 2020, 11:55:36 PM1/6/20
to 162n...@googlegroups.com

Eric Bray

Jan 7, 2020, 1:03:46 AM1/7/20
to Vultures & Copperheads

Eric Bray

Jan 7, 2020, 1:04:10 AM1/7/20
to Vultures & Copperheads

Lawrence Castagneto

Jan 7, 2020, 9:28:18 AM1/7/20
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
I do he was there the last few months  I was in country

Lawrence Castagneto
(Ret CW4 USA)