Co Ronald Andreson Good to see that you are still about

Walter Hlebechuk

Mar 4, 2018, 7:57:53 PM3/4/18
to Vultures & Copperheads
I have thought of you over the years you were a good man to serve under thanks. Even if I did not want to be the Company Clerk when I got there the job needed to be done. Thank you for letting me transfer to the Copperheads.

Ronald Andreson

Mar 4, 2018, 8:34:27 PM3/4/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com

Walter,

All the best to you!  I hope you are in good health and enjoying life.  Please stay in touch with the Vultures and Copperheads.

Andy Andreson

Vulture 6, June-December 1968

Walter Hlebechuk

Mar 7, 2018, 9:31:34 AM3/7/18
to Vultures & Copperheads
It was a long rough road, but not without accomplishments. Helped bring the 2 year old VN Moving wall to the West Coast, Eugene Or.. for its first visit. Have arranged its escort within Oregon a few times. Started a Vietnam Veterans Outreach program. I have been active. I have been researching the Vultures and Copperheads, and trying to locate one I knew. Part of my search has been to get my Air Medal that I never recieved. In November of '68 I had 188 Combat hours, but no way to prove it. No proof of Combat was the VA's choice of words for many years, the army could not find anything on my air duty other than I had a flight physical and received flight pay. Other than that life is good and so is my health, Physical and mental. Thank you for your response and the opportunity to have served under you.

PS. I saw my brother when I was in Oakland getting my discharge. Over a steak I told him he did not want to go where I had been Dong Tam, he did . He was in the 9th Inf, and later a Sniper. PTSD got him a few years back he passed. Most of all though it wasn't until after VN that I realized what a FROG Man was, our father was UDT team Six. Had I known that I might have done something a bit more advanced.

aso...@aol.com

Mar 7, 2018, 10:17:52 AM3/7/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Walt (and any others interested) -- unit orders from RVN are in the National Archives storage facility at College Park, MD. Thirty years ago, it was just a large warehouse, with nothing digitized and very little catalogued, but they've expanded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Archives_at_College_Park

Their research staff might be able to dig something up -- flight status orders, individual flight records, etc. -- to help you out.

Bill Tuttle
V15
'69-'70

Walter Hlebechuk

Mar 7, 2018, 12:58:28 PM3/7/18
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information I will do that. I now have rhe aircraft number I served on most of the time. One other issue I would like to get clarified is MG Ware and the day he was killed. In the Vultures History it says rainy low altitude was the primary reason. I have else where read that a Medavac craft had been shot down and they went down to get the crew. I know when we got there to find the quads that shot him down visibility and weather was not a issue.  Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vultures & Copperheads" group.