Who are the men in these photos?

Paul Murray

Nov 9, 2021, 8:56:50 AM11/9/21
to Vultures & Copperheads
Hello!

My uncle, PFC Larry A Dietz, Jr., was assigned to the 162nd in Phuoc Vinh in the winter of 1967 and was there until his death on July 27, 1967.

Going through my grandfather's belongings, I recently discovered about 100 color photos Larry took in country. I'd like to share these photos with all of you in the hopes you can help identify some of the young men in these pictures.

For the photos of the men, please look here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oWorLNYTScYTB7Q7

For the complete set of photos, This is the album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oWorLNYTScYTB7Q7

If you can identify any of these men, please let me know!

Thank you and kind regards,
Paul Murray

Ronald Andreson

Nov 9, 2021, 9:47:25 AM11/9/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com

Paul,

Sorry that I cannot identify anyone specifically.  I served with the Vultures from December 1967 until December 1968.  I was the commander from June 1968 until December 1968.

Andy Andreson

Bob Marrs

Nov 9, 2021, 11:45:29 AM11/9/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for including me on your share list, Andy. I served with the Vultures in 69 under George Venti. But I really enjoyed these classics from the earlier days of our Unit.

My sympathies and respect go to Larry and his relatives. I wish I had met him....he is forever young.

CW2 Robert Marrs
"Vulture 23"

Paul Murray

Nov 9, 2021, 11:45:34 AM11/9/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Andy,

Thanks for looking--and thank you for your service.

Best regards,
Paul

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vultures & Copperheads" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/162ndAHC/017501d7d578%24b4dea180%241e9be480%24%40cox.net.

lee dike

Nov 9, 2021, 11:51:56 AM11/9/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I joined the 162nd @ Can Tho in Mar 1970 can't help you. Hope someone can.

cw2 lee dike
V28

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Lawrence Castagneto

Nov 9, 2021, 5:36:15 PM11/9/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
Dont know not when I was with 162nd

Lawrence Castagneto
(Ret CW4 USA)

stevenking812

Nov 10, 2021, 1:30:28 PM11/10/21
to 162n...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome! My father, Ned Hildebrand, (Lawrenceburg, IN) was stationed with the 162nd from February of 66 until around winter of 68. He passed in 2017 and man I wish he was here to see these photos. Thank you for posting these.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10+.