Error 'PhirehoseConnectLimitExceeded'

Jonathan Simananda

Mar 13, 2015, 7:30:55 AM3/13/15
to 140dev-twitt...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I started using this 140dev source code when in search for an code that can continously stream through public tweets. I mainly want to collect an offline data for later use in experiment. I encountered upon this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PhirehoseConnectLimitExceeded' with message 'TCP failure limit exceeded with 21 failures. Last error: ' in C:\xampp\htdocs\twitter2\140dev\libraries\phirehose\Phirehose.php:659 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\twitter2\140dev\libraries\phirehose\Phirehose.php(836): Phirehose->connect() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\twitter2\140dev\libraries\phirehose\Phirehose.php(411): Phirehose->reconnect() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\twitter2\140dev\db\get_tweets.php(63): Phirehose->consume() #3 {main} thrown inC:\xampp\htdocs\twitter2\140dev\libraries\phirehose\Phirehose.php on line 659

I am currently using:
- A windows machine (a laptop, to be exact)
- Running the server locally using XAMPP
-Instead of editing the maximum execution script time in php.ini, I instead add a snippet to both get_tweets.php and parse_tweet.php a code:

set_time_limit(0);

so I can unlimit both of these files.

Are there any folks running into this problem? Is this code side error, server side, or from Phirehose Library?

Hongye Gong

Apr 4, 2015, 4:39:38 AM4/4/15
to 140dev-twitt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just encountered the same problem and have no idea about this.. Please give me some advise if you already solved this..Thanks!

Ochi Fortune

Jan 22, 2016, 3:34:07 AM1/22/16
to 140dev Twitter Framework
Maybe twitter has banned your IP. Try logging into twitter.com

Ochi Fortune

Jan 22, 2016, 3:35:07 AM1/22/16
to 140dev Twitter Framework

Millicent Tswaledi