Can't connect to database

sales.amaz...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2015, 10:22:24 AM10/7/15
to 140dev Twitter Framework
My dbconfig.php:

<?php
/**
* db_config.php
* MySQL connection parameters for 140dev Twitter database server
* Fill in these values for your database
* @author Adam Green <140...@gmail.com>
* @license GNU Public License
* @version BETA 0.30
*/
  $db_host = '127.0.0.1';
  $db_user = ‘root’;
  $db_password = ‘’;
  $db_name = ‘Realtime’;
// MySQL time zone setting to normalize dates
define('TIME_ZONE','America/New_York');
?>

When I start the script in the terminal, it loads up nicely, but when it wants to write to the database i get these messages

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 97

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 47

So I figured it can't connect to the database.

I ran the db_test.php from the browser. It gave me this:

Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘root’ - assumed '‘root’' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_config.php on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘’ - assumed '‘’' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_config.php on line 13

Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘Realtime’ - assumed '‘Realtime’' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_config.php on line 14

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user '‘root’'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 23

Warning: fopen(error_log.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 59

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 62

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 63
Twitter Database Tables

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 89

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_lib.php on line 47

Warning: mysqli_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/Realtime/db/db_test.php on line 15

Strange thing is, that when I wrote my own test:

<?php

$user = 'root';
$pass = '';

$db = 'Realtime';

$db = new mysqli('localhost', $user, $pass, $db) or die("Unable to connect");

echo "Great work";

?>

It passed..

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong