Complete Nutrition Garden Plans for different countries/regions

Rainbow Vogt

Jul 3, 2007, 12:45:14 PM7/3/07
to 12SeedIn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Again--
Also, thought this may be of interest-- especially the first one:

***Kenya***
http://www.bountifulgardens.org/prodinfo.asp?number=BEA%2D0025

One Basic Kenyan Diet: Diet, Income and Compost Crop Designs in a Three Bed
Learning Model
By: Patrick Wasike
1991, 23 pp , Language: English

A thorough analysis of a vegetarian Kenyan diet. A fully sustainable three
bed model, based on our Booklet 14. Profusely illustrated with charts and
other reference material.

***Mexico***
http://www.bountifulgardens.org/prodinfo.asp?number=BEA%2D0015
Booklet 15:
One Basic Mexican Diet
By: J Mogador Griffin
1987, 32 pp , Language: English
This booklet grew out of Gary Stoner's work with the Menos y Mejores project
in Tula, Tamaulipas, Mexico. It includes an exploration and complete
nutritional analysis of a typical family diet. We can learn much about
similar ways to provide for ourselves from our friends in Tula. Available in
both English and Spanish - please specify.

***US***
(some plans also suitable for southern UK or SW coastal Canada)

http://www.bountifulgardens.org/prodinfo.asp?number=BEA%2D0370

How to Grow a Complete Diet in Less Than 1000 Square Feet
By: Dave Duhon & Cindy Gebhard
1984, 200 pp , Language: English
(Sample gardens mostly designed for US PNW and similar climates.)
Using the techniques described in How To Grow More Vegetables..., this book
will help you explore your nutritional needs and then design and produce a
complete vegetarian diet in as little as 700 square feet. Loaded with
charts, annotated bibliographies, step-by-step instructions, and even
cut-out slide rules for the calculations. You're invited to participate in
this bold, new cutting-edge of Biointensive development and research. You
will need to read How To Grow ... first.

http://www.bountifulgardens.org/prodinfo.asp?number=BEA%2D0014
Booklet 14:
The Complete 21-Bed Biointensive Mini-Farm
By: John Jeavons
1986, 39 pp , Language: English
Currently it takes a minimum of 10,000 square feet to feed one person in the
U.S., and often 16,000 square feet to feed one person in the Third World.
This booklet gives a step-by-step approach on how to explore sustainably
growing all your food, a small income, and compost crops in as little as
2,100 square feet. Assumes familiarity with our basic books How to Grow More
Vegetables, Backyard Homestead, and One Circle.

http://www.cityfarmer.org/albie.html
This past spring (1996), Center volunteer and apprentice program graduate
Albie Miles began growing all his own food. From planting the first
seedlings to laying in the last cover crops, he kept careful records of what
he grew, what he ate, his labor, and his yields. Between April and October,
he restricted his diet almost entirely to food from his "nutrition garden,"
which is located on a portion of the raised-bed garden site at the Center's
25-acre UCSC (University of California, Santa Cruz) Farm.

Sharon
gord...@one.net

Sara Davies

Jul 4, 2007, 3:54:08 AM7/4/07
to 12SeedIn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rainbow. This is a great lot of resource!
--
Sara Davies
London