Africa Without Borders - From Theory to Practice Conference 5-8 July - Durban, South Africa

Rainbow Vogt

Jul 3, 2007, 10:48:56 AM7/3/07
to 12SeedIn...@googlegroups.com
Dear 12 Seeders,
How are you? I though some may be interested in this (fast approaching) conference in South Africa.
I am working on a project with farm workers health and disease exposure now in northern California, the so-called "salad bowl" of the US, where much of our salad greens are grown. Unfortunately, few of those who grow and harvest those goods have access to them. Rather, their community is full of fast food and liquor stores. The project has lots of community partners so there is a positive cumulative effect of working together. I will keep you posted.
It would be great to hear from you all and how your projects are going. I hope all are well-
Take care,
Rainbow

Jul 4, 2007, 3:50:08 AM7/4/07
to 12SeedIn...@googlegroups.com
Hello too! Hope everyone is well wherever they are. Thanks Rainbow for this information. The conference looks great - though starting tomorrow, it would be difficult to attend.

I just thought I would add to your email about a job I do here. I am working one day a week at a social enterprise in London. Just thought it was relevant because we grow salad right in the city and the community eats it. Yesterday we packed 200 bags of salad  which will go into a box scheme that local residents are signed up to. A wonderful, positive project in the heart of the city.

Would love to hear more about your work Rainbow. There seem to be some good synergies!
--
Sara Davies
London