confirmation of membership

1 view

Rainbow Vogt

Sep 29, 2009, 3:31:06 PM9/29/09
to 12 Seed Initiative
Greetings 12 Seeders!

It's been a long time since we were in contact and I hope that we can revive our group somewhat by hearing what's going on with everyone. To begin with, however, I'd like to resolve the spam issue we're having. If you could respond with a message confirming your membership, I can identify what outsider is spamming and remove them from the list.

I just returned from a family visit on the east coast of the U.S. where the temperatures are cooling and the fall rains are beginning. Returning to California on the west coast, it is still quite hot here in the desert but supposed to cool soon. The summer fruit is coming to an end but I am still enjoying the the figs, pears, and apples grown on nearby farms. I am working on several projects including growing food forests, providing acupressure, and measuring the toxins in our food.

I am sending this message with warm regards to everyone and with hopes to hear from you soon--

Blessings,
Rainbow

--
Rainbow A. Vogt, PhD
University of California, Davis

p. 530.754.9412
f. 530.752.3118
c. 530.574.2652
rain...@gmail.com

The unity of freedom has never relied on a uniformity of opinion. --JFK

Karly Burch

Sep 29, 2009, 10:48:52 PM9/29/09
to 12seedin...@googlegroups.com
Konnichiwa Everyone,

I hope you are all happy and well!  As a short update, I am currently teaching English in Japan.  I live in Wakayama City which is known for being a fertile land with many fresh fruits and vegetables.  Therefore, in my spare time it is very easy to visit and volunteer on some of the organic farms near my home!

Recently I have been applying for a scholarship to study Agroecology at the Norwegian University of LIfe Sciences in Aas, Norway beginning in August 2010.  I hope that I can get it!  You can go here to read more about this interesting program:  http://www.umb.no/study-options/article/master-of-science-in-agroecology

Take care and I hope to hear from more of you soon :).

Yours,
Karly

louise riley

Sep 30, 2009, 5:53:49 AM9/30/09
to 12seedin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rainbow,

Great to hear whats going on in your life.. it all sounds really interesting and exiting! I love the sound of the food forests thing.. what have you got growing?

I've just graduated and am now living in London and just about to start work as a teaching assistant and on an internship in environmental engagement to keep me going whilst I carry on looking for jobs and apply fo MSc's for 2010.

hope you're enjoying life...

lots of love Louise xx

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:31:06 -0700
Subject: confirmation of membership
From: rain...@gmail.com
To: 12SeedIn...@googlegroups.com

Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live. Find out more.

jackson wafula

Oct 3, 2009, 12:16:10 AM10/3/09
to 12 Seed Initiative, 12seedin...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rainbow,

Good to hear from you after a very long time.Anyway I was woried because somebody had hacked our usergroup but thank you for reviving it.I am glad you are fine and that other members are starting to hook on.I have been busy promoting seed security projects in the North rift of Kenya and have been on the fore front with the anti GMO campaign especially in the Pokot community where we have projects.I have attached a press release about the same.Hey,we are looking for volunteers to work with us in seed security projects,please pass information to whoever is willing to contact me.
Best regards,
Jack Wafula
Programme Director

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, Rainbow Vogt <rain...@gmail.com> wrote: