3/9/16 "Who's Sitting Next To You?" ~12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit

younmenhp

Mar 9, 2016, 2:25:02 PM3/9/16
to 12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit, 12-Step-Soul-Food-for-the-Spirit, Twelve Step Soul Food for the Spirit
Step 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*LAUGHTER Is HEALING*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The weekly meeting topic is:
What does "spirituality" mean to you?
How is it growing in your life?
How do you get out of those "spiritual slumps" that we all experience?

(((Family))) a BIG hug to you all
When I got clean they told me that this was a spiritual not religious
program. They said that religion was for people who were afraid of hell,
and that 12 step fellowships were for people who have been to hell and don't
want to go back. For me spirituality is not carved in stone, it is the
things that are inscribed upon your heart. I don't have to go to a house of
worship to be spiritual. They told me if I want to be spiritual, then I have
to act spiritual. It all starts with asking for help and being willing to
receive it from others. Once you do that, you are on your way, and can
beging helping others. Service is the key to spirituality.
One of the difference between religion and spirituality
is with spirituality the service begins when the meeting ends.
Spiritual seeking without service is self indulgence.
We can only keep what we have, by giving it away.
Its by giving that we receive. The gift is in the giving!!!
The only way to get out of a spiritual slump is to do the footwork.
God will move a mountain, but you have to bring the shovel.
This is a program of action. If I am in a slump, because I have not prayed
for days and did not meditate. Then I need to put in some effort to pray
and meditate even just for a little while. If I take one step towards God,
He always takes 2 steps towards me.
In loving service
Scott

The weekly meeting topic is:
What does "spirituality" mean to you?
How is it growing in your life?
How do you get out of those "spiritual slumps" that we all experience?

This is a DIFFERENT Yahoo Club you MUST join this club in order to
participate otherwise your emails will bounce

to share please visit
or email

A Safe Place to Share , Discover and Recover.
This is a SLAMMING, STRONG support group with
a whole lot of EXPERIENCE, LOVE and HOPE that is available to you.
This a message bulletin board meeting, where people post on the
weekly topic. It takes only 1 minute to enter a password and
username. Please go this page on the upper right hand corner and click
the join club link, sign in and go to the left hand side and click
messages to read what others have shared and click on the post link,
now you can share on the topic of the week or whatever you would like.
There is a lot of good experience, strength and hope in here as well
as newcomers who need our support and love, PLEASE stop by,
we will leave the light on in the room and there is coffee in the back :)
Thanks for your participation and support !!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Please Be There For The Newcomers*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

March 9
Today I know that I am in charge of the quality of my life.
I am growing in the ability to become aware
of the thoughts that have been controlling me.
written by ~ Ruth Fishel
"Time for Joy"
Check out Ruth's collection of
light, nourishing and nurturing Books and Tapes
& some touching and embracing Greeting Cards
for inspirational messages email

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Just for Today*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Who's Sitting Next To You?
March 1991

 I know who you are. You are "X" who attends the ABC Meeting
at the XYZ Club where N.A.'s meet in Anywhere, U.S.A.

 I saw you there the other night at the eight o'clock meeting.
I don't know how long you've been clean, but I know you've been
coming around for a while because you spoke to a lot of people
who knew you. I wasn't one of them.

   You don't know who I am. I wandered into your meeting place
alone the other night, a stranger in a strange town. I got a cup of
coffee, and sat down by myself. You didn't speak to me.

   Oh, you saw me. You glanced my way, but you didn't recognize
me, so you quickly averted your eyes and sought out a familiar face.
I sat there through the meeting.

   It was okay, a slightly different format but basically the same
kind of meeting as the one I go to at home.

 The topic was gratitude. You and your friends spoke about how
much N.A. means to you. You talked about the camaraderie in your
meeting place. You said how much the people there had helped you
when you first came through the door how they extended the hand
of friendship to make you feel welcome, and asked you to come back.
And I wondered where they had gone, those nice people who made
your entrance so welcoming and so comfortable.

 You talked about how the newcomer is the life blood of N.A. I
agree, but I didn't say so. In fact, I didn't share in your meeting.
I signed my name in the book that was passed around, but the
chairperson didn't refer to it. He only called on those people in the
room whom he knew. So who am I? You don't know, because you didn't
bother to find out. Although yours was a closed meeting, you didn't
even ask if I belonged there.

It might have been my first meeting. I could have been full of
fear and distrust, knowing N.A. wouldn't work any better than
anything else I'd tried, and I would have left convinced that I
was right. I might have been suicidal, grasping at one last straw,
hoping someone would reach out and pull me from the pit of loathing
and self-pity from which, by myself, I could find no escape.

I might have been a student with a tape recorder in my pocket,
assigned to write a paper on how N.A. works - someone who shouldn't
have been permitted  to sit there at all but could have been directed
to an open meeting to learn what I needed to know.

Or I could have been sent by the courts, wanting to know more, but
afraid to ask. It happens that I was none of the above.

I was just an ordinary addict with a few years of clean living in N.A. who
was traveling and was in need of a meeting.

 My only problem that night was that I'd been alone with my own mind
too long. I just needed to touch base with my N.A.  family.

 I know from past experience that I could have walked into your
meeting place smiling, stuck out my hand to the first person I saw
and said, "Hi. My name is - . I'm an addict from - ."If I'd felt like
doing that, I probably would have been warmly welcomed. You would
have asked me if I knew Old So-and-so from my state, or you might
have shared a part of your drug-a-log that occurred in my part of
the country. Why didn't I? I was hungry, lonely, and tired. The only
thing  missing was angry, but three out of four isn't a good place for
me to be.

 So I sat silently through your meeting, and when it was over I
watched enviously as all of you gathered in small groups, talking
to one another the same way we do in my home town.

   You and some of your friends were planning a meeting after the
meeting at a nearby coffee shop. By this time I had been silent too
long to reach out to you. I stopped by the bulletin board to read the
notices there, kind of hanging around without being too obvious,
hoping you might ask if I wanted to join you, but you didn't.

 As I walked slowly across the parking lot to my car with the
out-of-state license plates you looked my way again. Our eyes
met briefly and I mustered a smile. Again, you looked away.
I buckled my seat belt, started the car, and drove to the motel
where I was staying.

   As I lay in my bed waiting for sleep to come, I made a gratitude
list. You were on it, along with your friends at the meeting place.
I knew that you were there for me, and that I needed you far more
than you needed me. I knew that if I had needed help, and had asked
for it, you would have gladly given it. But I wondered . . . what if I
hadn't
been able to ask?

I know who you are.

Do you remember me?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Don't Use*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If anyone has any original recovery poetry that they
would like to share with us please copy and paste it into the body
of an email and send it to me, Thanks for your support and contributions.
What I can't do alone, We do together.
In loving service, Scott ~  YOUn...@gmail.com

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*No Matter What*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Make A Meeting*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just For Today
March 9                                                Small Things

"In the past, we made simple situations into problems; we made
mountains out of molehills."     Basic Text, p. 87

 Making mountains out of molehills seems to be our specialty. Have you
heard it said that to an addict, a flat tire is a traumatic event? Or how
about those of us who forget all pretense of principle when confronted
with a bad driver? And what about that can opener that won't work—you
know, the one you just threw out the second story window? We can
relate when we hear others share, "God, grant me patience right now!"

 No, it's not the major setbacks that drive us to distraction. The big
things—divorce, death, serious illness, the loss of a job—will throw us,
but we survive them. We've learned from experience that we must
reach out to our Higher Power and others to make it through life's
major crises. It's the small things, the constant day-to-day challenges
of living life without the use of drugs, that seem to affect most addicts
most strongly in recovery.

 When the little things get to us, the Serenity Prayer can help us
regain our perspective. We can all remember that "turning over" these
small matters to the care of our Higher Power results in peace of mind
and a refreshed perspective on life.

Just for today: I will work on patience. I will try to keep from
blowing things out of proportion, and walk with my Higher Power
through my day.

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous ©
1991 by World Service Office Inc.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get Involved In Service*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you are enjoying this daily recovery email,
Please pass on 12 Step Soul Food For The Spirit to your online friends,
"We can only keep what we have by giving it away."
If you have received this as a forward
and  would like to subscribe please email
Thanks, In loving service, Scott :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Get A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Food For Thought Meditation

Each Day a New Beginning (Women) Meditation

Touchtones (Men) Meditation

Meditation of the Day

Viking Thought of the Day

Elder's Meditation of the Day

Dr. Twerski's Sober Thought of the Day

Daily Zen

Grapevine Story Today

Daily Motivator

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Use Your Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What?  No President?

      When told that our Society has no president having authority to
govern it, no treasurer who can compel the payment of any
dues.  .  .  .  our friends gasp and exclaim, "This simply can't be .  .  ."
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p.  132

When I finally made my way to A.A., I could not believe that there was no
treasurer to "compel the payment of dues."  I could not imagine an
organization that didn't require monetary contributions in return for a
service.  It was my first and, thus far, only experience with getting
"something for nothing."   Because I did not feel used or conned by those
in A.A., I was able to approach the program free from bias and with an open
mind.  They wanted nothing from me.  What could I lose?  I thank God for
the wisdom of the early founders who knew so well the alcoholic's disdain
for being manipulated.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Daily Reflection In Loving Memory Of Scott Reeves

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Be A Sponsor*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Twenty-Four Hours A Day by Hazelden/ March 9th

A.A. Thought for the Day

If we had absolute faith in the power of God to
keep us from drinking and if we turned our drink
problem entirely over to God without reservations,
we wouldn't have to do anything more about it.
We'd be free from drink once and for all.  But
since our faith is apt to be weak, we have to
strengthen and build up this faith.  We do this in
several ways.  One way is by going to meetings and
listening to others tell how they have found all the
strength they need to overcome drink.  Is my faith
being strengthened by this personal witness of
other alcoholics?

Meditation for the Day

It is the quality of my life that determines its value.
In order to judge the value of a person's life, we must
set up a standard.  The most valuable life is one of
honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love.  All people's
lives ought to be judged by this standard in
determining their value to the world.  By this
standard, most of the so-called heroes of history
were not great men.  "What shall it profit a man if
he gain the whole world, if he loseth his own soul?"

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may be honest, pure, unselfish, and loving.
I pray that I may make the quality of my life good by
these standards.

"Twenty-Four Hours A Day" is a © Copyrighted book of
Hazelden Foundation.  No portion of this publication may
be reproduced in any manner without the written
permission of Hazelden.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Work The Steps*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today's Thought
MARCH 09

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go.
Melody Beattie ©

Taking Care of Ourselves

We cannot simultaneously set a boundary and take care of another persons
feelings. Its impossible; the two acts contradict.

What a tremendous asset to have compassion for others! How difficult that
same quality can make it to set boundaries!

Its good to care about other people and their feelings; its essential to
care about ourselves too. Sometimes, to take good care of ourselves, we need
to make a choice.

Some of us live with a deeply ingrained message from our family, or from
church, about never hurting other peoples feelings. We can replace that
message with a new one; one that says its not okay to hurt ourselves.
Sometimes, when we take care of ourselves, others will react with hurt
feelings.

Thats okay. We will learn, grow, and benefit by the experience; they will
too. The most powerful and positive impact we can have on other people is
accomplished by taking responsibility for ourselves, and allows others to be
responsible for themselves.

Caring works. Caretaking doesnt. We can learn to walk the line between the
two.

Today, I will set the limits I need to set. I will let go of my need to take
care of other peoples feelings and instead take care of my own. I will give
myself permission to take care of myself, knowing its the best thing I can
do for others and myself.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. No portion of this
publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission
of the publisher.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*You Are A Miracle*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Is The Bible True? By Alan Cohen

Attitude of Gratitude

The Dance of Intimacy , Harriet Lerner

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep It Simple*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Listen to Your Heart
by Joan Borysenko, Ph.D.

When I was little, my mother used to ask me if I would jump out the window
just because my friends were doing it. The question made me mad. Her
approach might have lacked finesse, but she was trying to teach me an
important lesson about life. Learn to think for yourself and listen to your
heart, or you're likely to get into trouble.

Sometimes listening to yourself is hard, particularly when your circle of
friends has cherished opinions. In our group, the belief that when something
is supposed to happen it will flow along smoothly is a strong one.
Conversely, if something is not meant to happen, obstructions will arise to
prevent it. When my husband, Kurt, and I got married, things went anything
but smoothly. We had to jump over several roadblocks on the way to the
altar. The first one concerned the wedding invitations. We put them in a
used manila envelope to keep them safe on the way to the post office.
Instead of mailing them personally, I handed the big unsealed envelope to a
postal worker and explained that individual letters were inside. That was
the last glimpse we had of them. The helpful but confused man must have
sealed the envelope. The whole batch was mysteriously delivered to the
return address, where it laid unopened for months.

The postal service played a second major role in the apparent anti-nuptial
conspiracy. A friend sent flowers to decorate our home where the wedding was
to be held. They arrived on a Saturday afternoon, but since the long package
was too large to fit in our rural mailbox, the letter carrier dropped off a
notice to pick it up at the post office on Monday. Unfortunately, the
wedding was on Sunday.

What's a woman to do? I called a friend to commiserate. "Don't get married,"
she yelped in evident distress. "Can't you see that this is a strong sign?
Two signs, in fact! It's not meant to be. Please just call the whole thing
off."

My husband-to-be was less than thrilled with her response. He opined, in the
words of the great master of metaphor, Sigmund Freud, "Sometimes a cigar is
just a cigar." And he was right. We had a wonderful wedding ceremony. Each
of our friends performed a meaningful ritual to help celebrate and
consecrate our marriage. One couple had actually called the chief of the
Nanticoke Indians, the tribe from which some of my husband's ancestors
hailed, and got a description of their traditional wedding customs. The
prescribed ritual involved holding hands, wrist to wrist, so that we could
feel each other's heart beating. It was a powerful metaphor for the intimacy
that a good marriage creates. Like most marriages, our five-year union has
had its challenges, but I'm grateful that I followed my heart and married a
man who has helped bring out my love of life and sense of humor.

A few months after the wedding, Kurt and I left for a vacation to an island
in British Columbia, off the west coast of Canada. Kurt, who's part Native
American, wanted to visit a village of Klahoos Indians that had been
repatriated to their tribal lands on the island. Unlike the United States
government, which continues to oppress Indians and violate treaties, the
Canadian government is more benevolent toward her First Nations people. They
had given a grant to the Klahoos to carve a large ocean-going canoe as part
of a program to restore pride in their cultural heritage.

Thousand-year-old cedar trees nearly wide enough to drive a car through
created a woodland cathedral of deep silence and dappled light. As we
approached, the rhythmic sound of hammer and chisel led us to a clearing
where two men were at work. The head carver was a well-known native artist,
a gentle and humble man with strong hands and a peaceful heart. He showed us
the giant stump of the 600-year-old tree that had been felled to make the
canoe. It was easily eight feet in diameter. Unfortunately, the middle had
rotted out and the tree was hollow. The canoe would have to be very narrow,
carved from less than half the diameter of the tree. He explained that this
was the first of many problems they had encountered.

The canoe was a work of art in any case, elegant and sleek. But there was a
large crack at one end, where it was broken almost in half and would have to
be mended with wooden pegs. The inexperienced tree cutters had not only
chosen a hollow tree, they had also neglected to make a soft bed of needles
to cushion its fall, or to clear the area where the behemoth would land. The
ancient cedar had fallen across a log and had practically snapped in two.

Only a few weeks remained to finish the canoe in time for a festive launch,
long in the planning. A lot of work remained, and the carver had only one
apprentice. We asked whether more people were coming to help. He calmly
shook his head no. Carving is very difficult, painstaking work. Several men
had given it a try, but only one stayed, he told us.

Things are not going so well here in the forest primeval, I thought glumly.
If my friend who had counseled me to call off the wedding were here, she
would probably pronounce the canoe a lost cause as well. I could almost hear
her voice in my head: "When things don't flow, they aren't meant to be."

I turned to the wiry carver with his open smile and easygoing manner,
thinking carefully about how to choose the right words. I hesitated, and
then finally said, "You've had more than your share of problems with this
canoe project, but you seem so positive and hopeful. I'm wondering if
there's a cultural difference. When these kinds of problems crop up in my
world, there are people who take the obstructions as a sign that the project
isn't meant to be. What do you think?"

His wise eyes locked onto mine, and he smiled warmly, revealing a set of
perfect white teeth. "Oh, obstructions are good signs, my friend. Good
signs, indeed. This project is very blessed. The bigger the spirit that is
trying to be born, the greater the troubles that it must overcome. This
makes it stronger. And this canoe has a very big spirit. It is the rebirth
of our clan's pride and our identity."

As the carver spoke of the canoe, I thought about my marriage. For a moment,
I was overjoyed. The carver's interpretation of obstacles was much more
positive than my friend's had been. Then I saw the truth. Whether I picked
his explanation or hers, I still wasn't thinking for myself and listening to
my own heart. I was giving my power away to someone else.

We live in a world of instant experts. They preach on talk shows and write
for magazines. They tell us what to think and how to manage our lives. Eat
this and you'll be thin and happy. Think that and you'll manifest the life
of your dreams.

Be good and you'll never get sick. Follow the signs, and the angels will
guide you.

In a busy world, it's tempting to believe that someone else has the answers.
Sometimes they do, but even then, their answers may not be yours. This week,
remember that you are the authority on your own life. You'll be more
peaceful if you listen for the wisdom in other people's advice, then take
what serves you and leave the rest. In the end, peace comes from knowing
yourself ... and trusting yourself to make decisions that serve life and
love.

This article is excerpted from Inner Peace For Busy People, ©2001, by Joan
Borysenko, Ph.D.. Reprinted with permission of the publisher, Hay House

About the Author
Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., is one of the leading experts on stress,
spirituality, and the mind/body connection. She has a doctorate in medical
sciences from Harvard Medical School, is a licensed clinical psychologist,
and is the co-founder and former director of the Mind/Body Clinical Programs
at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School.
Currently the president of Mind/Body Health Sciences, Inc., she is an
internationally known speaker and consultant in women's health and
spirituality, integrative medicine, and the mind/body connection. She is the
author of many books, including Inner Peace For Busy People and the New York
Times bestseller Minding the Body, Mending the Mind. Joan's Website is:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Day At A Time*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It all starts within! Potatoes, Eggs and Coffee Beans
Author Unknown

Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life
was miserable and that she didn't know how she was going to make it.
She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time.  It seemed just
as one problem was solved, another one soon followed.

Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen.  He filled three pots with
water and placed each on a high fire.  Once the three pots began to boil,
he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second pot, and ground coffee
beans in the third pot.

He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter.
The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited,  wondering what he was
doing. After twenty minutes he turned off the burners.  He took the
potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl.  He pulled the eggs
out and placed them a bowl.  He then ladled the coffee out and
placed it in a cup.

Turning to her he asked. "Daughter, what do you see?"

"Potatoes, eggs, and coffee," she hastily replied.

"Look closer", he said, "and touch the potatoes."
She did and noted that they were soft.

He then asked her to take an egg and break it.
After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee.
Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face.

"Father, what does this mean?" she asked.
He then explained that the potatoes, the eggs and coffee beans
had each faced the same adversity-- the boiling water.
However, each one reacted differently.

The potato went in strong, hard, and unrelenting,
but in boiling water, it became soft and weak.
The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its liquid
interior
until it was put in the boiling water.  Then the inside of the egg became
hard.

However, the ground coffee beans were unique.
After they were exposed to the boiling water, they changed the water
and created something new.

"Which are you," he asked his daughter.
"When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond?
Are you a potato, an egg, or a coffee bean? "

In life, things happen around us, things happen to us,
but the only thing that truly matters is what happens within us.

Which one are you?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*First Things First*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Metamorphosis

When my spirit is moved
when I touch the heavens
from deep within  my heart
without leaving home
some kind of new life begins living in  me

I am transformed into someone I was not before
I breathe  unconsciously
I inspire exaltation, animation unknowingly
I inhale  with no thought of where the oxygen comes from

I take in life  pounding pulsing fuel for my fire
A process of such nourishing inner  workings
could go on forever without my awareness
but today I choose  to embrace in words
this subtle phenomenon
active in each one of  us

As inspiration performs
miraculous modification
A  metamorphosis deep in the psyche
By these gifts
We remain true to  our destiny
Change is the beauty
wrought within
That creates  peace
without

With love,
Stella
© 2005 Raymonde Stella Savoie Johnson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Easy Does It*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A New Feeling

There's a new feeling in my mornings
I'm Happy when I see the sun
No longer tangled in the yearnings
For drugs to strike my spirit numb

It took much pain to reach this day
I lost so much along the way...
The lonely life of drug addiction
Is one most torturing condition.

I walked for years alone and lost
Forgetting things I treasured most
Not making any kind of sense
I quickly lost self confidence

I walked in here to get some peace
Found love and also found release
From fear and pain and insecurity
(Dependence halted my maturity).

My growth is slow, don't get my wrong
But healing happens just as long
I make an oath just for today,
I must not use, not me, no way.

Rewards keep warming up my heart
In my new life love plays a part
As I walk clean into these rooms
Day after day, moon after moon

All I can say to those that use
Indulging deep in drug abuse
Come to NA, please take a chance
Replace your tears with joy and dance

I'm done with drugs I'm telling you
my joy is wonderful and true
In this fine day I start afresh
As I learn how to love myself.

AlexAndra © 2001
Honduras

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Live And Let Live*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 "Lord,Take me where you want me to go;
Let me meet who you want me to meet;
Tell me what you want me to say,
And keep me out of your way."
Amen.
written by Father Michael Judge
Franciscan Friar, Chaplain of the N.Y. Fire Department.
He was killed on 9/11 administering last rites to a dying firefighter
at the foot of the South Tower of the World Trade Center

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep The Focus On You*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fear can keep us up all night long,
but faith makes one fine pillow.
Philip Gulley

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Let God and Let Go*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Honesty Without Compassion is Brutality.
Marrianne Williamson

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To thine own self be true.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Come To Believe*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I can lie to you well,
I lie to me perfectly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Look For The Beauty*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The truth will set you free,
but first it will kick you in the ass.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Today Is A Gift*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the end,
I couldn't find a lie that I believed in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Keep Stepping*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Addicts  are in a class by themselves.
Everyone else has graduated.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Stay In The Light*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Non-addicts change their behavior to meet their goals
and
addicts change their goals to meet their behavior.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Take A Moment To GIVE (NO COST)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CLICK for FREE to Help people in Haiti

FREE Rice

Click to GIVE @ the STOP HIV Site

Click to GIVE @ the Hunger Site

Click to GIVE @ the Breast Cancer Site

Click to GIVE @ the Rain Forest Site

Click to GIVE @ the Animal Rescue Site

Track Your Impact in GIVING

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*One Promise, Many Gifts*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Adult Children of Alcoholics

Al-Anon/Alateen

Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Artists Recovering through the Twelve Steps

Clutterer’s Anonymous

Cocaine Anonymous World Services

Co-Dependents Anonymous Home Page

Crystal Meth Anonymous

Criminal and Gangs Anonymous

Debtors Anonymous: A Twelve Step Fellowship for…

Depressed Anonymous

Dual Recovery Anonymous - a 12 Step program

Eating Disorders Anonymous

Emotions Anonymous

Families Anonymous

Gamblers Anonymous Official Home Page

Hepatitis C Anonymous

HIV Anonymous

The Marijuana Anonymous

Methadone Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous Official  Homepage

Earth Group N.A. online meetings

Nar-Anon is a family support group

Nicotine Anonymous (WWW Home Page) NA Home Page

Overeaters Anonymous

Parents Anonymous

Rape Survivors Anonymous

Recovering Couples Anonymous

Sexaholics Anonymous

Sex Addicts Anonymous

Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous

Shoplifters Anonymous

Spenders Anonymous

Survivors Of Incest Anonymous

Workaholics Anonymous

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*@¿@*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Created in 1997 , "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" is intended to give readers , inspiring and thoughtful messages. To help fulfill our primary purpose which is to carry the message to the alcoholic/addict who still suffers. A spiritual adventure, a journey inwards this has a vision of opening and touching, each and everyone, with the Loving Power and Presence of the Spirit within." We invite you to share the writings by forwarding today's message to others. Share "12 Step Soul Food for the Spirit" with friends and loved ones: Please keep passing this along to online recovery friends  "We can only keep what we have by giving it away."

12StepSoulFoodForTheSpirit does not endorse any of the advertisements that may appear in this daily mailing. Advertising is the price that we pay for a free list server that yahoo groups and google groups provides.

Putting together these Daily Recovery Emails has been such a blessing for me, Thanks for your support and contributions, "What I can't do alone we can do together." If you have any original poetry or submissions that you would like to send to me you can email me at
YOUn...@gmail.com

Anyone can subscribe to this free daily  e-zine by sending an Email message to me and write subscribe in the subject line.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this letter cannot be considered spam as long as the following words are included:

To unsubscribe to to this list send an Email message to the group that you belong to
or
YOUn...@gmail.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line or go to the website and unsubscribe

By the grace of God and through your efforts of passing on this email, we are reaching many recovering people in different areas of the world. If you are receiving this, from a country outside of the USA please send me an email and tell me where you are receiving this. So far we reaching over 17,000 recovering people in 66 countries including Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada , Columbia, Costa Rica, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, England, Finland, France, Guatemala, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Mali West Africa, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia , Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, U.S.A., Venezuela, Wales, West Indies, Zimbabwe.

Even if your country is listed please email me, and let me know where you are from

Stay in the Light,
In loving service,
Scott H. from N.Y. ~ cleandate 10/27/88
YOUn...@gmail.com